More problems for Rare Breed Trigger.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

More problems for Rare Breed Trigger.

Post by N4KVE »

So not only has RBT been served by the ATF to cease, & desist from making their devices, to which they have basically told the ATF to FO, & they’ll continue to make them until they get raided, they now have more problems. The devices quit working after a few mag dumps. The company blames the host gun’s buffer, buffer spring, or gas system causing owners to waste money on new parts which do not remedy the problem. But for $75 they’ll gladly do an “upgrade” that seems to fix the problem. In reality, the problem is caused by a spring that binds in the device. And now that the ATF has them under their microscope, & their product is failing, many customers are demanding refunds with RBT demanding huge “handling fees”. It’s explained below. GARY.

And this is RBT’s answer.
https://armamentusa.com/product/856/
Last edited by N4KVE on Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tector

Post by tector »

These gimmick devices frequently seem to be more of a hassle than they are worth, legally and otherwise. Of course people are only driven to them because we got fucked in 1986.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

I have my trigger pretty light and crisp, and after watching the second video it looks like I wouldn't be able to get that with one of those triggers. I also think if one purchased it, they'd be moved closer to the top of the list for an uninvited asshat to kick down your door and shoot your dog kind of party. The Bureau of AnTi Fun will eventually gain access to the customer list and the fun begins for them. I have no desire to be frontloaded in that queue.
Yep, we got screwed in '86.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

lighteye wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:43 am I have my trigger pretty light and crisp, and after watching the second video it looks like I wouldn't be able to get that with one of those triggers. I also think if one purchased it, they'd be moved closer to the top of the list for an uninvited asshat to kick down your door and shoot your dog kind of party. The Bureau of AnTi Fun will eventually gain access to the customer list and the fun begins for them. I have no desire to be frontloaded in that queue.
Yep, we got screwed in '86.
I'm surprised Visa hasn't supplied a list of transactions.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Shooting a full-auto rifle is a lot of fun, but in all seriousness not very practical. I have carried full-auto most of my life and found myself using the semi-auto setting most of the time. I usually flipped the lever in close combat action. Anything above 100 meters, always reverted to semi-auto. I used to be so pissed when so-called professionals were starting to ask for mags in the middle of a fight because they'd already when thru what they were carrying in a matter of a few minutes.

I am not installing an apparatus like this on any of my rifles.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

My grandson went to Rents second machine gun shoot, and he was all about full auto.

After loading mags until his fingers bled, he stepped up to the line, loaded up and saw all his hard work go BRRRRRT in 1.5 seconds!

He also realized he could barely hit the berm while in third gear.

All these people raving about full auto being the gateway to paradise have never shot one.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I thought people here said that any kind of these triggers are illegal in Florida anyway, per State law, after the whole bump stock banning craze. I wonder why Florida never went after them manufacturing them in Florida if that was true.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

RBT’s recent response. GARY