Bought a car online with Carvana

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Spikes40

Post by Spikes40 »

weaselfire wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:53 am Carvana is getting hit for not providing titles or full registration for months after purchase.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
interesting... mine was processed in 2 weeks from the time my 7 day trial was up
They converted my existing registration from my trade in as i just renewed it... was a simple process
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Spikes40 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:58 am
FfNJGTFO wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:48 am But do they keep your trade-in car "on reserve" until that final decision? If you want to return it, do you get your old car back?
yes, nothing gets processed until you give the final Yay or Nay. i have tried to find holes in this process but honestly i was pretty impressed with the ease of EVERYTHING
reminds me of the movie Vacation where they took Grizwalds old car and crushed it and he was stuck buying the family truckster :mrgreen:
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

weaselfire wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:53 am Carvana is getting hit for not providing titles or full registration for months after purchase.

Jeff

Ya saw a news story on a Tampa station a couple days ago.
Its a Cluster f***!
Spikes40

Post by Spikes40 »

45caldan wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:28 am

Jeff

Ya saw a news story on a Tampa station a couple days ago.
Its a Cluster f***!
Thankfully mine was done with Zero issue
macattack321

Post by macattack321 »

Has anyone returned their car during the seven-day period? I'm curious what people's experiences are with that process...
photohause

Post by photohause »

Gee-I leased a car last December and they had my info from the past. I was out the door in an hour and a half.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Taco

Post by Taco »

macattack321 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:59 pm Has anyone returned their car during the seven-day period? I'm curious what people's experiences are with that process...
Bought 4 cars from them so far... I had one car go back, it was listed as being one model trim level higher then it was (it's not plastered on the back so didn't realize before they left)... they did a bit of research and concluded the price was listed correctly and they typo'd the model. They let me know they'd give me an added $100 promo off (on top of the referal discount) another car if I wanted one and they'd pick up the car in a week or so and not to worry about mileage or anything. Ended up finding a new car with the features I wanted, I picked that one up and they picked up the return a couple days later, no hassles. Had a friend buy one and just hate the car- couldn't get coffee in and out of the cup holder without smacking it on the dash... also decided to swap it for a different car, no hassles. I did hear (couple years ago) it isn't a rental service, eventually (after 2-3 returns) they'll tell you thanks but no thanks and any future car through them is a final sale.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

A friend started as a flatbed driver for them recently, he loves it.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Great thread. Have known a few people who use Carvana with success. Son in law, no mechanical uses them regularly.

Ordered a GMC truck in April and they sure could use some assistance on communicating with the customer...

enuf sed,
Hammer!
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

I could see buying a new car this way but I’m too picky to buy a used car this way!