Can't take apart .22 silencer! Now what?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
armedpolak

Can't take apart .22 silencer! Now what?

Post by armedpolak »

So here I am in NC Outer Banks enjoying my summer vacation... took my TacSol PAC-LITE IV integrally suppressed upper to the range few days ago, put exactly 500 rounds through it and now the baffle stack will not come out regardless of how long I soak it in Break Free or other solvent. I can unscrew the end cap which pulls the stack up but it will not go past that... brother and I tried every way possible, including wooden spoons and hammers LOL

Well so today wife wanted to plink so I twisted the cap back on and we put another 300 rounds through it. The solvents smoked like hell the first 30 or so rounds then it settled down. I'm back at the same place now, the cap will twist off pulling the stack of baffles out a bit but then it will not budge. No I do not have WD40 on me :(

What do I loosen the grit with? And for the future, is there an anti seize lube etc I can apply to the baffle stack and the metal sleeve before shooting so it doesn't happen again?
joel

Post by joel »

How about applying heat or cold to the connections

male to shrink or female to expand
Bladesmith2000

Post by Bladesmith2000 »

Have you tried penetrating oil? The kind that you would use to free a stubborn nut/bolt?
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Call TacSol and consult them.

(866)-333-9901
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

joel wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:00 pm How about applying heat or cold to the connections

male to shrink or female to expand
That would be my first thought as well. Or just try taking it apart hot with leather gloves.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Put in oven,get warm remove and dismantle.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

TonyR wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:57 pm Put in oven,get warm remove and dismantle.
. Ding ding we have a winner. Best response ive heard!
chạy trốn hoặc giết tất cả và đốt hooches của họ.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Another thing to consider after you take it apart. I lube the can inside and baffels too. Helps with carbon not seizing as bad i think.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

after soaking it I was able to pull it apart using brass punch and hammer.

should I reassemble it totally dry or apply lube? if so, what kind?

btw I have aluminum based anti seize grease I use on motorcycle bolts; it's high-temp rated. would this work if I coated the baffles, thread, and baffle tube in it?
gforester

Post by gforester »

Anti-seize is some good shit. Worth a try. But if it was caused by carbon buildup it may not help.