Can't take apart .22 silencer! Now what?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Tannerite will work :lol:

I need to disassemble mine. I hope this does not happen to me. :? It's been a while since I've cleaned it.

Thanks again to rentprop1 for all his help. Next time I'm up that way will buy lunch :P
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Here it is all nice and shiny!
I did not use anti-seize putting it back together just some light coat of CLP on all parts and main tube. I’ll not let it get to that point next time. Btw it took lots of soaking in gun cleaners and WD40 then brass punch and hammer to push the baffle stack out once the end cap was unscrewed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

PS. She who must be obeyed found herself HER new favorite pistol LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

That is a beautiful.......gun. wife is pretty too :D
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:50 am That is a beautiful.......gun. wife is pretty too :D
What gun, I didn’t see any gun. 😂😂😂
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

mavrik wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:37 pm
Firemedic2000 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:50 am That is a beautiful.......gun. wife is pretty too :D
What gun, I didn’t see any gun. 😂😂😂
:lol:
JOEBOB

Post by JOEBOB »

I put my can back together wuth a good coating of anti seize or lithium grease on my 1 piece baffle stack.

I also squirt 4 or 5 drops of Kroil , transmission fluid, or motor oil into the can where the barrel goes in after a shooting session if I am not tearing it down for cleaning. I also put in a few drops before shooting. this does 2 things- it loosens and softens the crud, and also works like an ablative to further reduce sound signature, especially first round pop. the muzzle blast pressure drives the oil into every crevice of the can, and makes cleaning much easier. Duping, rather than scraping.

as you have an integral, I'd just cent an aerosol can of Kroil and give it a shot from the chamber down the barrel with the barrel pointed down at the beginning and end of each shooting session.

I also have a theory that nonstick cooking spray (canola oil) might serve in this application. Just haven't tried it yet Canola oil with acetone makes a really good penetrating oil.
Spikes40

Post by Spikes40 »

my coastal .22 can is seized so bad i cant even get the endcaps off... going to try a few more things