Who Has A Henry Rifle?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

Who Has A Henry Rifle?

Post by TC6969 »

I just bought one so I would have something to shoot the 3,000 .22 shorts I acquired a while back! All I have to say is, if this is what they consider their cheapo gun, their Cadillac rifles must be really something!

GreyShark

Post by GreyShark »

I don't own one but I've watched them and over the years they seem to be getting better and better. With Marlin at least temporarily out of the picture Henry seems to be trying to step up their game.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

This thing is almost perfect!

The fit and finish is incredible!

You don't normally see this at this price point.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I have a Henry carbine, in 44 magnum, called the "Big Boy." Fit and finish are perfect, the standard wood is what some other makers would call "select". Brass receiver. Slick action. Nice blue.

If you ever have a problem, Henry will make it right.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

I have the Henry 22 lever action great rifle, don’t need a scope with that thing.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I just shot mine with some CB caps that I found while looking for the shorts.

It cycles those little suckers just fine and is really accurate at short range.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I don’t own one, but IRA has had them from time to time. Real nice quality from what I saw. GARY.
Chinerd00

Post by Chinerd00 »

Buddy of mine has the gold one in 22 and it is very smooth and very accurate I was shooting at 100 yards with it at a 4" plate.
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

I bought a side loading gate Henry in 30-30 in late 2019 but due to health issues, the covid panic & heart surgery, I haven't made it to the range with it yet. Like you said, the fit & finish is excellent & the action is incredibly smooth. To me, there just aren't many things more beautiful than that polished brass receiver & the American Walnut they use. Hopefully, she'll come out to play in a week or two.
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
rug357

Post by rug357 »

I have on just like the one in the above picture.
I got it about 10 years ago for under $200 along with bunch of Minimag ammo from a local guy.
It's my son's favorite gun to shoot and everybody else who shoots it really enjoy it too. I've had dozens of offers to buy it from me but I always refused. Mine works great and has never malfunctioned (not counting bad ammo) and is accurate too. My son's idea of fun is to shoot empty 12G shells from 20 yards with iron sight and he hits them regularly.
It's a great gun and I can't ever see not having one.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.