Fly the flag? You're racist!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Springfield

Fly the flag? You're racist!

Post by Springfield »

from https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-lives- ... bol-hatred
In a fiery Fourth of July Facebook post, Utah’s Black Lives Matter Chapter declared the American flag "a symbol of hatred."

"When we Black Americans see this flag we know the person flying it is not safe to be around," the post reads. "When we see this flag we know the person flying it is a racist. When we see this flag we know that the person flying it lives in a different America than we do. When we see this flag, we question your intelligence. We know to avoid you. It is a symbol of hatred."
I've been flying the flag most of my life, and continuously for about 7 years since moving into current residence. Guess I must be a racist. :?
hotspur

Post by hotspur »

BLM is beginning to sound like Bloody Lunatic Morons. Problem is with all groups, from unions to political associations whatever, is once they've stated their original position, they have to keep themselves in the spotlight, and for many the only way to do that is to become more extreme and, therefore, more noticeable..
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

Been flying the flag for many years, happens to be one of the best on this planet so, I don’t care what BLM, Meagan, or any other that hates it here has to say. What I don’t understand is why aren’t they considered an enemy! There are terrorists foreign and domestic.
I’m tired of those that get offended anyhow.
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

I took Old Glory down when our nation was hoodwinked and had a presidential election stolen.
We are no longer America.
We are being run into the ground and destroyed by a wannabe 3rd world communist dictator.

I'll not fly the flag I served under as my protest to the worst travesty this republic has ever experienced in an election.

Many in my area fly the flag like all is well, IT IS NOT !

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
tector

Post by tector »

In our townhouse complex we can't have a flagpole, but we can mount a flag on a post affixed to our unit. I have been bugging my wife to do so. Out of aesthetics she prefers not have anything affixed out there, and there is some painting and other work going on now that I can see waiting for. But after that is done I am going to hang out Old Glory in its historic 48-star configuration. That is the flag that was carried in two world wars (and up Suribachi), that my dad fought under in Korea, and really represented this country at the zenith of its greatness. What is going on now under our current flag is a goddamned disgrace. I mean no insult to the flag itself, but I don't want to share the same flag that those commies in DC purport to waive. At least the commies in many other countries (Cuba was one of exceptions) changed their flags to blatantly declare their communist views--so those were safely tossed in the garbage when the commies were undone.

Alabama Flag and Banner has a nice assortment of historical flags and their 48 star version is probably what I'll get. https://www.alabamaflag.com/ Oddly they don't seem to have any rainbow flags--sorry Rent.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

Of course if the commies get their way and have DC and Puerto Rico admitted (with 4 more liberal senators) we will have a new flag anyway. Those two new stars might as well be a hammer and sickle.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Gee - no issues from them for my neighbor that flies the Biden Harris Kommunist cheater flag that I have to stare at all day long though. :twisted:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Get one like mine ------------------------------------------------------->>
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

REDinFL wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:22 pm Get one like mine ------------------------------------------------------->>
I have a 48 star flag from WWII that dad got from an LST in the Pacific. IIRC he said something about it being damaged and almost sunk near a beachhead.
How he got it I'll never know.
Way too big for my flag pole.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
tector

Post by tector »

Gunnyhiway wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:22 am
REDinFL wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:22 pm Get one like mine ------------------------------------------------------->>
I have a 48 star flag from WWII that dad got from an LST in the Pacific. IIRC he said something about it being damaged and almost sunk near a beachhead.
How he got it I'll never know.
Way too big for my flag pole.
Awesome--you are lucky to have that.