ATF appointee.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Allme

ATF appointee.

Post by Allme »

If you live in Florida and own a firearm Jon Gutmacher's book should be in your library, the information contained is invaluable. That being said when he brings something to our attention in relation to firearms its a good idea to at least look into it, he isn't a flag waver. Remember folks: this is chess, not checkers. Thanks for your attention.

Please repost/redistribute where you find it appropriate, thanks.

photohause

Post by photohause »

I got this on June 16th

Tell the Senate to Stop the Biden-Chipman Gun Grab!

Take action to urge your Senators to vote NO on the Chipman nomination!

We have already told you about David Chipman, the virulent anti-gunner who Joe Biden has nominated to run the ATF.

The Senate Judiciary Committee is scheduled to have a vote on him this Thursday.

And that's why I need you to contact your Senators once again -- even if they are not on that committee.

It is important that Senators hear a groundswell of opposition forming against this horrific candidate.

So please Take Action and email your Senators today!
https://www.gunowners.org/na06152021/
With the Senate filibuster still in place, Joe Biden has ONLY one route remaining by which he can go after your guns.

And that is getting a malicious gun-hater like Chipman to head the ATF.

If the Senate were to confirm Chipman, that would open the door for the agency to ban AR-15's by fiat.

Even former ATF Director Michael Sullivan thinks that Chipman should be disqualified.

In an OpEd published on Fox News, Sullivan wrote:

His partisan advocacy is his right as a private citizen, but engaging in his specific advocacy means his ability to objectively carry out the constitutional and legal responsibilities of the ATF, and effectively lead the more than 5,000 men and women who serve there, will be questioned both within and outside of ATF.

Mr. Sullivan also wrote:

Moreover, it has been reported that he mocked those who recently became new gun owners and advocated for the forceful closure of fully legal gun stores during the early days of the pandemic, despite their classification as 'essential' under Department of Homeland Security’s Essential Industries list.

Mr. Sullivan concluded by writing:  

Policy debates around firearms should be left to the lawmakers in Congress, not to agency leaders. If a nominee wants to craft firearm policy, there’s a mechanism to do that: run for office, and let the voters decide. The American public, and ATF, need a leader who is focused on mission, not policy debates.

When a former ATF Director so forcefully opposes Chipman, you can be sure that Chipman’s confirmation as ATF Director would not just be a “slippery slope” for gun rights. It would be a straight nose-dive into tyranny.

Please Take Action and click here to email your Senators ASAP.

Thank you!

In Liberty,

Erich Pratt
Senior Vice President
Follow me on Twitter: @erichmpratt

P.S. Please distribute this alert to your pro-gun family and friends and urge them to take action. To renew your GOA membership or to join for the first time, please click here.

P.P.S. Please do not reply to this email; it goes to an unmonitored mailbox. To contact GOA please click here.

IMPORTANT NOTE ON FORWARDING:

If you forward this email to others, it is strongly recommended that you first remove the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of this message. Otherwise, it is possible for a secondary recipient to inadvertently unsubscribe you from the GOA alert system.

Gun Owners of America
8001 Forbes Place - Suite 202 Springfield, VA 22151
703-321-8585
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Update.

Chipman has got through the judiciary committee (big surprise), and the next step is senate confirmation. The senate will be in recess likely most of next month. If i understand the legalities correctly, he can be appointed director, and be confirmed later.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

REDinFL wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:33 pm If i understand the legalities correctly, he can be appointed director, and be confirmed later.
Does appointed vs confirmed effect his actual power or is it more of a perception/respect thing?
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

From what I understand - and I'm no lawyer - according to the Constitution the President can place the appointee in the position, having passed through the Judiciary Committee, if the Senate is not in session. The appointment needs to be confirmed once the Senate is back in session. Somewhat bass ackwards , but covers some circumstances.

So, the resident potato could legally make chipman director for a few months before the senate can act. I think we can see the senate will do what he wants.
tector

Post by tector »

In some ways I actually hope he gets this cocksucker through, especially via an initial recess appointment--it will be a great issue to run against in 2022. The ATF is an asshole agency full of individual assholes regardless. Putting up with this particularly egregious asshole might be worth it if it helps get the House and (especially) Senate.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I cannot disagree with you. Let them destroy themselves.