shipping primer caps

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
camcdr

shipping primer caps

Post by camcdr »

Have family in New England and wanted to ship primer caps for reloading from FL to them. I can't seem to get a clear answer on the legality of shipping just the caps- no powder. Is this a UPS ground or Air? ORMD? just don't want to walk into UPS or USPS and have the men in black suits ask me to come in the back to answer a few questions.
Maybe it's not worth even trying, but with the scarcity of primer caps, I thought it would make a nice gift.
Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks-
camcdr

Post by camcdr »

not sure I understand... I did an intro post earlier, i thought that was the correct protocol? I'm re-reading the rules now, sorry if I missed something.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Brainfart
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

You need a hazmat licence to ship primers, an individual can not legally ship primers as they are classified as explosives.
That said, shipping primed but other wise empty cartridge cases is legal.
gforester

Post by gforester »

Gregg wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:31 am You need a hazmat licence to ship primers, an individual can not legally ship primers as they are classified as explosives.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
camcdr

Post by camcdr »

Gregg wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:31 am You need a hazmat licence to ship primers, an individual can not legally ship primers as they are classified as explosives.
Interesting. Can't ship the primers but can ship primed cases? Doesn't make much sense but I believe it! Thank you, will look for another way to transport.