New ATF news.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TACC

Post by TACC »

Absolutely, exactly !!@@

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

The ATF is un-Constitutional. We would all be better off without that bureaucratic barrel of bastards.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Think about this for a minute. Imagine if any of you just paid $40K for a MP-5 full auto gun. Then the NFA rules go away, & new MP-5’s would cost $3000 because the books would open up to new transferable weapons. Would you be happy? Would Vito be happy? I think not. GARY
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

N4KVE wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:16 pm Think about this for a minute. Imagine if any of you just paid $40K for a MP-5 full auto gun. Then the NFA rules go away, & new MP-5’s would cost $3000 because the books would open up to new transferable weapons. Would you be happy? Would Vito be happy? I think not. GARY
We know where your loyalties lie.

If I dropped $40,000 on a gun, and could buy a second one for $3000 I would be glad. Buying a weapon that relies on unconstitutional laws as an investment seems pretty stupid to me.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Me, I’d be very happy, as I don’t own any, & would buy a few. But I think Vito would commit Hari Kari as his inventory went from millions, to thousands. GARY
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:27 am Me, I’d be very happy, as I don’t own any, & would buy a few. But I think Vito would commit Hari Kari as his inventory went from millions, to thousands. GARY
So, is it the NFA firearms collectors that are silently petitioning to keep the registry closed?
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

P5 Guy wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:18 am
N4KVE wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:27 am Me, I’d be very happy, as I don’t own any, & would buy a few. But I think Vito would commit Hari Kari as his inventory went from millions, to thousands. GARY
So, is it the NFA firearms collectors that are silently petitioning to keep the registry closed?
The ATF is not going to go away. That is a silly fantasy introduced by people that are just grand standing. Even if by some miracle they did go away, wouldn’t the responsibility for enforcing the laws that they are tasked with enforcing just get transferred to another government agency?
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

neverenoughguns wrote:
P5 Guy wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:18 am
The ATF is not going to go away. That is a silly fantasy introduced by people that are just grand standing. Even if by some miracle they did go away, wouldn’t the responsibility for enforcing the laws that they are tasked with enforcing just get transferred to another government agency?
True. However…it costs money to run the agency. The government on the whole is bankrupt. The ATF and most other superfluous government institutions will be monetarily de-prioritized as the currency inflates into the empty promise it was destined to be since the creation of the government itself.
Last edited by dammitgriff on Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

As a dealer, I don’t think Vito would have paid market price for any transferable select fire inventory. Would he lose his shirt if FOPA were repealed, absolutely, but think about all the business opportunity he would have with all the potential new buyers that now aren’t priced out of the market.

Years back, NYC taxi cab medallions were coveted and extremely expensive because there were a fixed number issued. Then came ride sharing and the values plummeted. Cab operators who banked on medallion values by leveraging them and buying more to grow their fleet were the losers along with the banks that financed them. The market stabilized and taxi operators are still competing. It would be no different with class 3 dealers and owners of affected weapons.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Without government intervention, the market, though far from perfect, would settle the price discovery question.