Cool Site

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

Cool Site

Post by lakelandman »

If you guys want to check out all the satellites floating around the Earth.
https://platform.leolabs.space/visualization
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Holy Crap! Lotta stuff up there.....Starlink is taking over the world! Thanks for the post
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Looks like the Covid virus. GARY.
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

Starlink needs to get more up there so I can tell centurylink to drink a gallon of Diarrhea…I pre-ordered Starlink months ago.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Check this out, Starlink real time.

I'm number three in Brevard County on the waiting list for Starlink Service.
Told it will be around August of this year for my service to start.
Don't really need it, as I have AT&T U-verse at 75 mbps service for $40 a month.
But I'm fully will to pay $100 a month for the Starlink service at 100 to 200 mbps, if for no other reason to give A&T the finger.

https://satellitemap.space/
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

photohause wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:04 am Holy Crap! Lotta stuff up there.....Starlink is taking over the world! Thanks for the post
You want to see even more? Check the "debris" box. It's amazing anything gets in our out of our atmosphere without a collision.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Odessaman wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:10 pm You want to see even more? Check the "debris" box. It's amazing anything gets in our out of our atmosphere without a collision.
We can thank Beijing Joe's best friends the Chi-Coms, inventors of the China Virus Weapon, for creating most of the space debris when they blew up one of their satellites with a surface missile. https://foreignpolicy.com/2010/03/22/ch ... te-killer/

The f*ck'in Kommies sure seem to have learned how to win a cold war unlike the Soviets. We handed them our technology and they stole the rest.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
OKIE

Post by OKIE »

Years ago while working the night shift, at the power plant on the St Pete side of Gandy Bridge, I was sent to the roof to see if a vent was leaking steam. It was not, and as I turned around to walk back the the stairwell down to the top elevator level, I saw a bright flash of light. So bright you could read a book, between Gandy and the Howard Franklin. Took me a couple of minutes to see again after it went dark, it was so bright. What ever it was, it burned and exploded at I'm guessing 10,000+ feet up. 30yrs of working rotating shifts, nights every 5 weeks for 7 nights straight, it was the only one I saw.

I did see a Shuttle launch from the 8th floor at a power plant on Lake Monroe. North side of Sanford, at 0300, the entire shy and lake turned a bright orange, quite a sight.