FFL/4473 Question...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Just spoke with the seller/FFL. He indicated he's never heard of this happening in 30 yrs. of selling...for someone to be rejected BEFORE even running the 4473.

We agreed I'd have the gun shipped back and he'll re-ship to another FFL.

So...it's going to cost me another $75 (and $18 for a 20lb. box of roofing nails). 8-)
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote:Just spoke with the seller/FFL. He indicated he's never heard of this happening in 30 yrs. of selling...for someone to be rejected BEFORE even running the 4473.

So...it's going to cost me another $75 (and $18 for a 20lb. box of roofing nails). 8-)
I like the roofing nails idea. It works every time. Image
George W

Post by George W »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:36 pm Just spoke with the seller/FFL. He indicated he's never heard of this happening in 30 yrs. of selling...for someone to be rejected BEFORE even running the 4473.

Once it is out of jail, please post who the FFL is. I like to make sure I don't help keep douchebags in business.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

George wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:03 pm Once it is out of jail, please post who the FFL is. I like to make sure I don't help keep douchebags in business.
You betcha. The more I read their reviews, the more I am not surprised this is happening. Wish I had read the reviews before choosing them as my FFL. :(
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

Wouldn't it be great if all mail in and absentee ballots in the last election were put through a valid address computer program. I guarentee we would be in the mess we are in if it had been done.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Sweep wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:19 am Please name the shop so we can boycott......
Lotus Gun Works, Jensen Beach. I copied/pasted some of their reviews, but my copy/paste fingers got tired...seems to be a theme here :roll: :

S Kaye
22 reviews·13 photos
a month ago-
Absolutely awful! I wish I had read the reviews/complaints on this site and Yelp before choosing these arrogant, condescending, petty mo-mos to handle my transfer. A cursory search via Facebook of the positive reviews here reveals most are posted by employees and/or their friends/family. DO NOT patronize this business. I won't even go into their pricing and "rules", but solely make this review based on how they treat their customers. After YEARS of negative reviews about the same issue, you think the owner would get a clue? Nope. AVOID AT ALL COST!

Kristal Sylvester
8 reviews
a week ago
Haven’t even been to this range, I was planning on going but after reading these reviews I’m not going. The way you guys treat customers is nasty.

Kids having fun “kids life” laugh
Local Guide·195 reviews·504 photos
2 months ago
Had a terrible experience with a guy name Scott. He was very rude and aggressive towards my husband and I who where the only black person. Left us to think otherwise. I heard him discussing us with another shooters. I thought the workers are there if someone had a question. The guy next to us had to assist us. We left from feeling uncomfortable because this guy was acting like a grump.

David Wolfe
1 review
10 months ago
Im a lifetime hunter and strongly recommend you look elsewhere before doing business was with Lotus Gun Works. I don’t ever post like this but felt compelled after the terrible experience I had at Lotus. Customer service is clearly not part of their process. I dropped my bow off on Friday and was told I was the next order and that it could be ready that day. I followed up on Wednesday and was told it was a 2 to 3 week turn around. I understand it’s hunting season, but why would they tell me that it was that long the day I dropped it off after I asked? Furthermore, I brought in a nice Ithaca Deer Slayer shotgun (mint condition) to talk trade on and was offered only $250....mind you I had done plenty of research and knew the gun was worth nothing less than a grand. I then asked to have my bow returned and took my business elsewhere. I got $800 for this gun and will have my bow back in two days from the other shop. Lotus is a joke and they clearly don’t know what customer service really is. I’ve been hunting my whole life and dealing with gun shops my whole life and this was the worst I’ve ever experienced. After I told the woman how bad they were, she replied, “we get plenty of business.” I can only wonder how much business they are missing.

Kevin Smith
2 reviews
6 months ago
I went to Lotus Gunworks in Jensen Beach yesterday and was going to buy an FN-15 TacII. They had one left and it had about a thousand dollars worth of extras on it that would have been very easy to take off. None of the extras on it were anything I was interested in so I told them I would buy it right now if they took the extras off and the manager wouldn’t even entertain it. I could understand if it wasn’t an AR and it was difficult to do. The accessories could have gone on any other AR. I am Active Duty on leave and I really liked the gun minus all the accessories and would have purchased it from them. Truly dissatisfied with their customer service.

Austin McAllister
35 reviews
a year ago
Won't be back till I forget how bad their customer service is.

franky sarhan
1 review
a year ago
The people who work in the store are very rude and not helpful. I have spent plenty of money at lotus and the staff think it’s a joke to treat customers any way they feel. I will not be going back there any more because of the extremely rude staff..I will tell everyone to go down to the Stuart range

Charlie
11 reviews·3 photos
10 months ago
Use to be a good place for archers but all they care about is gun sales. Sent a email to owner and he didn’t seem to care ,he got greedy during this pandemic

Thom LaLonde
Local Guide·37 reviews·17 photos
2 years ago
The employees at this store are incredibly rude. I canceled my order and I'll take my $900 and future business elsewhere. They were just as rude two years ago when I made my last purchase there. I stopped going to their range back then, too. (Update: In reply to the response from Lotus Gun Works, I did not have an unpleasant experience on the online store. I had an unpleasant experience at your location on Federal Highway. The employee that I spoke to was extremely rude. That is why the order was canceled. The cancellation went smoothly but I wouldn't have cancelled if the employee would have been decent. This is the third time in a row I have been in that store in been treated poorly.)

Myke Bradley
3 reviews
3 years ago
Nice range but staff is horrible, especially the guy(s) inside the range. They hover over your back watching your every move and have way too many rules. I walked away from the firing lane with my gun in my hand and the guy makes a big deal like I was gonna shoot someone, even had the nerve to put his hand on his gun like he was in danger,,,but he's soft and ain't nothing without that pistol so I understand...honestly ill never go back, st lucie shooting center is way more laid back

Chris Tine
3 reviews
a year ago
Staff is rude and dismissive every time I go in. They should try and hire people with better social skills who actually look up from their phone and SPEAK WORDS when a customer walks in.

Sean Roberts
Local Guide·76 reviews·44 photos
2 years ago
Been to this store 3 times in 4 years..EACH and EVERYTIME my wife and i have came NOONE greeted us coming in the door nor asked if we needed help. We were rifle shopping and realized this was our LAST time coming to this store.. Mcdonalds has better customer service.!

Mara Lexine
5 reviews
3 years ago
I am so disappointed. After setting up a wonderful birthday surprise for my sister in law with a nice gentleman over the phone. I arrived on her birthday with her and 2 friends and we received the worst customer service ever. She was the exact definition of RUDE. I have a 4 year degree and she made me feel dumb. I asked for my $100 dollar gift certificate to be refunded and we left. I was very hurt by how I was treated.

Stephanie Alvarez
Local Guide·11 reviews
2 years ago
If there was an option to give this no stars that's what I would give this company. Not only were they disrespectful but very unhelpful. They were inconvenienced constantly with any question and did not make any attempt at customer service whatsoever. They lost our business we went over to another place and got everything resolved in 5 minutes. So if you're looking not to waste time and get good quality customer service and merchandise, then stay out of this place and go to the tactical store! They were awesome! This place is horrible, rude and extremely unprofessional.

this is in response to your response to my review. I find it quite hilarious that you can call yourself professional and give me that type of response when all I had to do was go to the very next gun shop closest to you following all the ATF regulations filling the application with no issue at all and not done by me but by my father so thank you for no help at all.

Jaime Mijares
Local Guide·43 reviews
7 years ago
Walked in, very interested with their selection, except ammo. All that was ruined as soon as I tried finding someone to talk to, I literally watched associates walk past me as I tried waving them over. But no such luck, eventually a fellow customer pointed me out and someone walked over to "assist" me. He was extremely rude and very un knowledgeable of any of the items I picked out. I saw some of the prices and I was simply shocked on how much they charge, people need to realize THEIR ARE BETTER DEALS ELSE WHERE. All you gotta do is look. I ended up buying a few parts for my gun, when I went to check out, they in assist that I have them install them. I told them I was more than capable of installing them myself, but they wouldn't hear it. After a 15 convo/argument on how I need a professional to install parts and that I could not be capable of doing it myself.
Thanks for the headache guys.

Nikki Prince
Local Guide·20 reviews·1 photo
3 years ago
I'm literally sitting in the parking lot completing this review. This is my 2nd attempt at purchasing a weapon from Lotus and this is the 2nd time that I have been in the store for more than 20 minutes and not been greeted, acknowledged, or assisted. I purposely made eye contact with 3 employees that were not helping other customers. I went as far as to stand at the counter where two employees watched me intently without the offer of assistance. Smh. Granted, anyone could have an off day but I will happily take my business and referrals elsewhere. Kind regards and best wishes Lotus.

Marc & Monalisa Forever
311 reviews·66 photos
4 years ago
Total unprofessional staff! Beyond rude to customers. Female behind the counter a total know it all!! As a law enforcement recruit i was treated like a nuisance. This place will never receive my business, i have been going to st.lucie shooting center and will continue to go there as their customer service is beyond exceptional. I observed the way they treated other customers at the range and was appalled. instead of welcoming their customers everyone is simply ignored.

Randy Baklini
32 reviews
4 years ago
We purchased a M&P from Palmetto State Armory and shipped to Lotus for FFL services and potentially training for my wife. After tracking the Palmetto order and 3 phone calls Lotus informs me the shipment arrived without contact info! Really? 3 phone calls and we're informed the firearm sits for 12 days because Palmetto didn't send contact info! Lotus charges $40 for a transfer -- $15 higher than most. We decided on Lotus because of the presence in the market -- safety lessons, accessories, customer service and a range. IMHO, Lotus failed miserably and could not and would not provide a feasible explanation or provide any help whatsoever. Chances are Lotus might be a decent company but when a salesperson states "this is your first transaction with us" how can a consumer help but think "hmm, maybe there's a reason?"

Michael W
7 reviews·1 photo
3 years ago
Employees cant handle the heat of business. Talked trash about customers and generally rude. I will not be returning. Great range though(none of the staff included).

Good Life
4 reviews
3 years ago
I’ve purchased all my fire arms from Lotus and aside from being looked at weird and being treated as if I was inexperienced it seems every time I shoot there someone is always on my back telling me I have one minute left at range. Telling me I shot over the redline even though I’ve never shot and over the redline since I’ve been there. And even if my friend Who has never shot before accidentally shot one bullet over the redline WHO CARES ITS HIS FIRST TIME AND ITS ONE BULLET . I paid for 30 minutes and argued with one of the workers for three minutes on where the tape should go on my target and spent the same amount of time arguing about a bullet he thought I shot that was over the redline.

Won’t spend another dime there

Jackie Gilmore
13 reviews·2 photos
2 years ago
Customer service is lacking. Was told rudely that it was not possible to put Trijicons on without damaging them, not a little scratch but a gash, LIES! He talked to my husband and I as if we were stupid and bothering him. They can keep the messed up sights and I'll take my money elsewhere.

Francois “Houngan” Mackandal
Local Guide·47 reviews
4 years ago
Rude... To me and my wife but nice to the customers ahead and behind us. Went in to buy my first rifle and shoot my pistols but I decided my money wasn't green enough in that place. Haven't had that type of treatment in a long time.

Joseph Pless
Local Guide·46 reviews
2 years ago
Over priced weapons not to mention they only do law enforcement discounts on Wednesday’s and the reason I was told that is because that’s not as busy of a day for them which tells me they don’t really care for the sacrifice that officers make everyday and there all about the money it makes it a bit inconvenient because for a lot of the officers in my area that’s the closest range while other ranges offer the discount everyday

JASON THOMPSON
Local Guide·35 reviews
7 years ago
This is the worst gun store I've ever been to. Waited at the register for over 45 minutes. I wasn't waiting to ask a question, I was waiting to purchase some ammo. They walk right passed me each time and when I asked 4 employees to purchase the ammo they all told me I had to wait while they went to read magazines and eat food. I put the ammo back on the racks and left. I would never go back there again and wouldn't recommend anyone going there ether.

Rob S
1 review
4 years ago
Should be 0 Zero Stars
I wanna start off with the fact that almost every gun is marked $150-200 more than any other gun store in our area ... And they claim to price match but it's selective and so they might one day and then not the next ... Be careful they will sell you bullets you can't use on the range and then want u to buy more ...They have several good employees and several bad employees ... After the third bad experience there I asked to speak to a manager . I was contacted by Brandon "The manager" and he had the owner call me .... When I got on the phone with the owner all he did was cuss and be rude and belligerent... I tried to talk to him and explain what happened but everytime is start talkin he'd cut me off with some rude comment . The owners name is "Robbie and he's a top notch scumbag ... He doesn't care about customers even though his favorite catch phrase is some crap about we care about our customers and we have good customer service . Place is good to walk in and look but but be weary ... I purchased a pistol on Black Friday and got a call 2-3 months later about the ATF coming to my house Becuz they messed up the paperwork so I had to redo the paperwork ... I was given a free 30min on the range card for all my troubles . I went there to use the range card and was asked to pack my gun and leave Becuz I was using the wrong bullets they were the ones they sold me then they changed the story to its a caliber they don't allow unless u use there bullets which I was .
The Best part was while I was on the phone with the owner threatened me all Becuz I was trying to make him aware of all the Problems I've had with his store
. Don't waste ur time and money . The Owners name is Robbie and he is a Dbag.

Chris McMahon
4 reviews
5 years ago
I dont know why i keep going their, over the years I have purchased 2 different pistols there despite the high prices. Last time I shot at the range i was the only one shooting. The range safety guy was up my ass the whole time i couldnt even enjoy my time shooting. (mind you I am a 8 year US Marine Corps Infantry veteran). Last time I walked in I had every intention of buying FN FNX45, but because of the terrible customer service I went to a different gun shop and purchased the same pistol. Also when I asked about 22WMR i was told "this isn't Wal Mart or the internet" well from now on I think i will take that employees advice and now buy my ammo from the internet and wal mart. 0 stars if i could

Robert Featherer
3 reviews·4 photos
5 years ago
This Gun Store received two long guns I had shipped from a gun store in Vacaville, CA (see my review of Guns and Fishing Stuff in Vacaville, another story of poor business practices). They were suppose to call me when my guns were ready to pick up. The guns came into the store on April 11th. They never called me and I knew the guns had arrived because I had the shipping tracking number. I went into the store on April 14th to inquire about my guns and why they hadn't called me. I was told that they had so many shipments come in that they were behind, but since I was there they would see if they could find the guns and check them in. After a long wait, they found the guns in the back room and they started the check in process. Very inefficient, while I was waiting, my brother who is an NRA certified instructor looked around the store and priced some of their guns. He told me that all their guns are way overpriced. Back to the guns, they finally got the guns out to me after over an hour of waiting. They then charged me $55.00 receiving fee. Outrageous! I had to give them 1 star so that I could post this. My actual rating of this place is negative -5 stars. Don't really know which one is worse, this store or the one in Vacaville. I recommend that you not shop in either store!

i sg33
4 reviews
5 years ago
So, .300 win mag isn't a cheap round to begin with...lotus prices are double what you can order online, as if that wasn't enough, I open the box of ammo that I had purchased and there was a round missing. 2 bucks down the drain. They keep this ammo behind the counter and yet still somehow managed to mess it up. A little absurd.
Last edited by Tenzing_Norgay on Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

George wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:03 pm
Once it is out of jail, please post who the FFL is. I like to make sure I don't help keep douchebags in business.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Yeah, the Google reviews say it all I ran into a few shops like that Google will save you the trouble.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Sucks to hear this. Whether I’m working for Khaled, or Ira, I try to be as helpful as possible. GARY.
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

If you're in the area, try Jeff Bootz at the B&A flea market. He charges $25 and the only thing he won't do is take a transfer from a non licensee.

J Bootz And Son Gunsmithing
2201 SE Indian St
Ste G12
Stuart, FL 34997

I haven't had any problems at Lotus, but they're relatively new in town, and it seems a little fancy.