BREAKING: Federal Judge Overturns California’s AR15 Ban

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Sadly, it’s not going to matter. The CA AG will get a stay on the ruling, and file an appeal. The 9th Circuit will kill it, and then it will have to be heard by the US Supreme Court, which will take several years (if ever).
CA’s unconstitutional Assault Weapons laws will remain in place throughout this entire process.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

lakelandman wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:04 pm Sadly, it’s not going to matter. The CA AG will get a stay on the ruling, and file an appeal. The 9th Circuit will kill it, and then it will have to be heard by the US Supreme Court, which will take several years (if ever).
CA’s unconstitutional Assault Weapons laws will remain in place throughout this entire process.
Personally, I think the SCOTUS is chomping at the bit to get a definitive case on 2A, and while this may not be it, it would make a good starting point. I think they’re pissed that The liberals want to pack the court, so if it gets there, they might take it just for that reason.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Judge Roger Thomas Benitez, senior United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.

Born in Havana, Cuba 🇨🇺.

;)

Doing the job of protecting the Second Amendment that American Born Judges don't want to do.

¡Gracia Dos Para El Cubano quien es el mas Americano de los Americanos!
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

TACC wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:00 am The only thing I don't understand is what was the judges purpose if putting a 30 day moratorium on the final ruling.
It has been stated do the CA DOJ can appeal to the 9th circuit.

Why didn't he make it effective at the ruling and let CA citizens start buying AR's by the trunk load? Like the judge fid with the normal 30 round mags in CA?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That surprised me also. But let's see what happens in the next 30 days.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/co ... d=msedgntp

“Like the Swiss Army Knife, the popular AR-15 rifle is a perfect combination of home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment. Good for home and battle….

“Yet, the State of California makes it a crime to have an AR-15 type rifle. Therefore, this court declares the Californian statues to be unconstitutional.”

And with that Demanding Moms' heads explode :D

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-jud ... d=msedgntp

WOW! Vaccines and assault rifle misinformation. Antis are really stretching. :lol:
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ca ... d=msedgntp

Liberal reactions to this were predictably hysterical.

Gavin Newsom, the embattled governor of California who faces a recall vote, called the ruling “a direct threat to public safety.” The editorial board at the Los Angeles Times, writing in opposition to the decision, made the dubious claim that “assault weapons” are “designed for a singular purpose: to kill a large number of people in a short period of time.”

But they have nothing to worry about. California liberals can rest easy knowing that expanding the variety of semi-automatic rifles available in their state won’t make it any more dangerous than it already is. It could even make them a bit safer.

Rifles, the most common categorization of firearms branded “assault weapons” in California, account for more than 35% of all guns owned in the United States, but they are used in less than 4% of gun homicides. Of the 13,927 people murdered in 2019, only 364 of them had their lives taken by rifles of any kind, "assault" or otherwise. Based on the data, fists and feet are used in more murders than rifles.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

“A large majority of assailants behind mass shootings in the US have had untreated psychiatric disorders, primarily schizophrenia. Treating such patients in time could decrease the risk of violence, a new study suggests.”

Perpetrators with unmedicated, untreated brain illnesses behind majority of US mass shootings — study
https://www.rt.com/usa/526293-mass-shoo ... ers-study/
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

The Libitards bitched in the 80's to close all the mental institutions, so now we have all the mentally illness issues that go untreated, and most of them are wondering the streets.

But the real reason the libitards don't want the mental institutions opened again is that the libitards are really mentally ill and the worst of them might end up in institutions if there were any opened. :o
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

They’ll still make sure to vote, guaranteed.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

dammitgriff wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:04 pm They’ll still make sure to vote, guaranteed.
I know for a fact of long dead libiturds that voted in multiple states. That is how they earned the title, brain dead zombie libitards.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!