BREAKING: Federal Judge Overturns California’s AR15 Ban

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tcpip95

BREAKING: Federal Judge Overturns California’s AR15 Ban

Post by tcpip95 »

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... -ar15-ban/

In reading the full ruling (I just finished all 94 pages of it) it is a COMPLETE AND TOTAL BITCH SLAP to the California Attorney General.

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Defendant Attorney General Rob Bonta, and his officers, agents, servants, employees, and attorneys, and those persons in active concert or participation with him, and those duly sworn state peace officers and federal law enforcement officers who gain knowledge of this injunction order or know of the existence of this injunction order, are enjoined from implementing or enforcing the California Penal Code §§ 30515(a)(1) through (8) (defining an “assault weapon” by prohibited features), 30800 (deeming those “assault weapons” a public nuisance), 30915 (regulating those “assault weapons” obtained by bequest or inheritance), 30925 (restricting importation of those “assault weapons” by new residents), 30945 (restricting use of those registered “assault weapons”), and 30950 (prohibiting possession of those “assault weapons” by minors) and the penalty provisions §§ 30600, 30605 and 30800 as applied to “assault weapons” defined in Code §§ 30515(a)(1) through (8).
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/calif ... d=msedgdhp

America is on a gun-buying spree. Here's what is driving the surge

In a ruling that compared the AR-15 to a Swiss Army knife, a federal judge overturned California's longtime ban on assault weapons on Friday, ruling it violates the Second Amendment's right to bear arms.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Fantastic news. Hope we see many more decisions like this one falling in favor of liberty and the Constitution.
R/Griff
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

Well he does seem to be the only judge with a backbone doing God's work!
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Wow don't think I would have predicted this!
photohause

Post by photohause »

Gov. Gavin Newsom condemned the decision, calling it “a direct threat to public safety and the lives of innocent Californians, period.” Assault weapons as defined by the law are more dangerous than other firearms and are disproportionately used in crimes, mass shootings and against law enforcement, with more resulting casualties, the state attorney general’s office argued, and barring them “furthers the state’s important public safety interests.”
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
TACC

Post by TACC »

The only thing I don't understand is what was the judges purpose if putting a 30 day moratorium on the final ruling.
It has been stated do the CA DOJ can appeal to the 9th circuit.

Why didn't he make it effective at the ruling and let CA citizens start buying AR's by the trunk load? Like the judge fid with the normal 30 round mags in CA?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

While I am shocked but pleased at this ruling, I will not be surprised when the 9th district immediately takes the appeal and expeditiously and summarily over rules.

^^^ Agree that the judge should have opened sales in the meanwhile.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

California is a cancer on the rest of the country.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

Flame Red wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:46 am While I am shocked but pleased at this ruling, I will not be surprised when the 9th district immediately takes the appeal and expeditiously and summarily over rules.

^^^ Agree that the judge should have opened sales in the meanwhile.
Remember, thanks to Trump the 9th is not as liberal as they used to be. I believe they are now 50:50, so it will come down to the luck of the draw. I know he appointed 10.