Will white people ever return to TV commercials?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Post by tector »

Here's an example I just got in a newsletter 15 minutes ago. PS: Bari Weiss is a lesbian, feminist writer who resigned from the NYT last year because she could not endure it any longer.

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/the-ps ... -the-white
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

If I'm listening or interacting with someone and they use the words: fraught, colonialism, systemic, internalized, or climate change I immediately know where they are coming from and not to waste time on them.
tector

Post by tector »

mohshard wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:25 pm If I'm listening or interacting with someone and they use the words: fraught, colonialism, systemic, internalized, or climate change I immediately know where they are coming from and not to waste time on them.
Intersectional, privilege, whiteness.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

mohshard wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:25 pm If I'm listening or interacting with someone and they use the words: fraught, colonialism, systemic, internalized, or climate change I immediately know where they are coming from and not to waste time on them.
Speaking of language, I just got this newsletter a few minutes ago (a lot of timeliness today):

https://andrewsullivan.substack.com/p/o ... nguage-8be
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

tector wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:22 pm
Speaking of language, I just got this newsletter a few minutes ago (a lot of timeliness today):

https://andrewsullivan.substack.com/p/o ... nguage-8be
Oof. Exactly the kind of speech I'm speaking about
Chinerd00

Post by Chinerd00 »

Using the words of the late Rodney King can't we all just get along!
tector

Post by tector »

Chinerd00 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:58 pm Using the words of the late Rodney King can't we all just get along!
He said that, what, almost 30 years ago? And it seems things are worse now than then. And the poor guy drowned at 47!

From Wikipedia--

>>On August 23, 2012, King's autopsy results were released, stating he died of accidental drowning. The combination of alcohol, cocaine, and PCP found in his system were contributing factors, as were cardiomegaly and focal myocardial fibrosis. The conclusion of the report stated: "The effects of the drugs and alcohol, combined with the subject's heart condition, probably precipitated a cardiac arrhythmia, and the subject, incapacitated in the water, was unable to save himself."

Al Sharpton delivered the eulogy at King's funeral.<<
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Lately I see commercials geared for specific types of people. So when I see a commercial advertising a product, & at the end of the commercial I see 2 guys kissing, I vow to never purchase that product. GARY
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Miami_JBT wrote:
dammitgriff wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:06 am
Taco wrote:This redneck racist attitude is the reason we are losing our rights.
Ignorance of history and minorities with an outsized voice in our government driving a wedge between caucasian Americans and everyone else who live here is what is fueling a likely second hot domestic war that no one but the rich white folks in charge of the institutions of government will benefit from.

Read that twice, slowly.

—Griff
As a Minority, I've been directly the victim of hate. As had my Wife.

America is an idea, not an ethnic group.
Straight Southern White Male here…
I can’t stand yankees for a reason. Image
hotspur

Post by hotspur »

dammitgriff wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:01 pm
Miami_JBT wrote:
dammitgriff wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:06 am
Ignorance of history and minorities with an outsized voice in our government driving a wedge between caucasian Americans and everyone else who live here is what is fueling a likely second hot domestic war that no one but the rich white folks in charge of the institutions of government will benefit from.

Read that twice, slowly.

—Griff
As a Minority, I've been directly the victim of hate. As had my Wife.

America is an idea, not an ethnic group.
Straight Southern White Male here…
I can’t stand yankees for a reason. Image
I understand they speak very highly of you😜