Will white people ever return to TV commercials?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Will white people ever return to TV commercials?

Post by tector »

Watching US TV the last 6 months any alien would assume that at least 50% of the US population was black (as opposed to just 13%).

Must be "equity" I guess. Or they are really trying to gaslight us on that 13%/52% meme....
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
hotspur

Post by hotspur »

I would imagine the advertisers are trying to sell their products to blacks. No?
tector

Post by tector »

hotspur wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:46 pm I would imagine the advertisers are trying to sell their products to blacks. No?
They weren't a year ago? 2 years ago? 3 years ago?

No naive answers, please.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

I’m tired of it, too.
I guess they want a cut of all that riotin’-lootin’-burnin’ money, since us dumb white folks are just too broke to buy anything after payroll taxes and inflation leave us just enough to pay our bills and eat.
I miss Lana Lokteff and her monologues on their Red Ice TV YouTube channel.
R/Griff
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

I'm even more curious as to why so many companies are desperate to jump on the LGBTQ bandwagon lately in commercials. For a demographic that supposedly only constitutes 4% of the total population, it seems like well over half of all commercials now feature at least one gay character or couple.

Frankly, I'm tired of seeing commercials where families have "two daddies" or "two mommies," or, flaming man-bunned gymnasts in leotards (Grub-Hub.)

Does 4% of the population really provide 60% or more of the revenues to these companies? They'd better hope so, because I'll cast my consumer vote by supporting companies that don't bow down to wokeness.
tector

Post by tector »

Odessaman wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:11 pm I'm even more curious as to why so many companies are desperate to jump on the LGBTQ bandwagon lately in commercials. For a demographic that supposedly only constitutes 4% of the total population, it seems like well over half of all commercials now feature at least one gay character or couple.

Frankly, I'm tired of seeing commercials where families have "two daddies" or "two mommies," or, flaming man-bunned gymnasts in leotards (Grub-Hub.)

Does 4% of the population really provide 60% or more of the revenues to these companies? They'd better hope so, because I'll cast my consumer vote by supporting companies that don't bow down to wokeness.
Here you go, man--just saw this one 20 minutes ago during the hockey game. Gay and 50/50 on race. SO woke! LOL

Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

tector wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:36 pm Watching US TV the last 6 months any alien would assume that at least 50% of the US population was black (as opposed to just 13%).

Must be "equity" I guess. Or they are really trying to gaslight us on that 13%/52% meme....
I've noticed the same and I've chalked it up to over compensation.
Once the pendulum swings back towards the other direction it always seems to go a bit too far.
There doesn't seem to be middle ground anymore, only extremes.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Odessaman wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:11 pm Does 4% of the population really provide 60% or more of the revenues to these companies? They'd better hope so, because I'll cast my consumer vote by supporting companies that don't bow down to wokeness.
Even if its 10% of the population, there is almost no TV show that my wife & I watch that doesn't have a lesbian couple making out.
It's to the point where my wife & I see two women kissing we both shout out, "All women are lesbians".
I personally dont care about anyone's sexual orientation but I feel gays/lesbians are being over represented on TV.
Again, I feel it's a form of over compensation.
Last edited by Jeepsnguns on Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

All the more blacks on TV started when that worthless fuck obama was elected
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

tector wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:28 pm Here you go, man--just saw this one 20 minutes ago during the hockey game. Gay and 50/50 on race. SO woke! LOL

If only they'd used an electric car, they could have had the "woke trifecta."

The title to that commercial should have been "Credit Karma - when your credit sucks as bad as a middle aged . . . aw, never mind."