AMC Stock Short-SQUEEZE! (It has NOT started YET!)

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
MiamiOffshore

AMC Stock Short-SQUEEZE! (It has NOT started YET!)

Post by MiamiOffshore »

The media has left this largely uncovered. AMC stock is about to enter a short squeeze. It has NOT started yet. Despite the huge rise in prices on 6-2 the hedge funds shorted 2.32 MILLION MORE shares! They have no other play than to fold and cover the shorts so they have to keep shorting and selling options to raise capital. They are the ones who sold Bitcoin last week to raise the capital for the blood bath they know is coming. Yesterday alone the hedge funds lost over $2.3B. The media has left this largely uncovered because as we all know the mainstream media colludes with big wallstreet money.

Mark my words. It's not too late to buy AMC! The squeeze hasn't BEGUN until they start covering their short positions. In a few days the current share price will look CHEAP.

I'M NOT A FINANCIAL ADVISOR, THIS IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE. Just looking out for the FSN community and the opportunity to stick it to the hedge funds ! After this brewing debacle is over, THEY will change the rules of the game, watch!
hotspur

Post by hotspur »

MiamiOffshore wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:01 am The media has left this largely uncovered. AMC stock is about to enter a short squeeze. It has NOT started yet. Despite the huge rise in prices on 6-2 the hedge funds shorted 2.32 MILLION MORE shares! They have no other play than to fold and cover the shorts so they have to keep shorting and selling options to raise capital. They are the ones who sold Bitcoin last week to raise the capital for the blood bath they know is coming. Yesterday alone the hedge funds lost over $2.3B. The media has left this largely uncovered because as we all know the mainstream media colludes with big wallstreet money.

Mark my words. It's not too late to buy AMC! The squeeze hasn't BEGUN until they start covering their short positions. In a few days the current share price will look CHEAP.
Sure looks cheaper today . . .down 25 per cent so far!
556pro

Post by 556pro »

im in 400 shares at 54.50...... waiting :shock:
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

when it gets to 35 tomorrow I will buy some :shock:
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

It's consolidating, looks like a "W" or "double bottom" pattern. If so it could go down to 40 or so this morning before taking off again. MORE shares were shorted yesterday so the squeeze has not begun. This is good news as the more shorted shares means the price to cover shorts will go even higher the more short shares out there.
NOT A FINANCIAL ADVICE, NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

I bought 10 @18. When it hit 70 i sold off 2.5 and got my investment back. . Its not alot by any means but hoping this goes through the roof lol. They have added a couple millions shares which caused the price to drop and the SSR call to happen from a 10% drop openeing market from the day before is how i understand this.

Now, what happens from here on out? Does the pot get bigger? But if it does, why are they still betting against it and they can stand to loose so much money? I am new at this stock market and just started investing this year.
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:45 pm I bought 10 @18. When it hit 70 i sold off 2.5 and got my investment back. . Its not alot by any means but hoping this goes through the roof lol. They have added a couple millions shares which caused the price to drop and the SSR call to happen from a 10% drop openeing market from the day before is how i understand this.

Now, what happens from here on out? Does the pot get bigger? But if it does, why are they still betting against it and they can stand to loose so much money? I am new at this stock market and just started investing this year.
They (the hedge funds) are betting against it/shorting because they've overshorted it in an attempt to bankrupt the company.

[If a company declares bankruptcy while you have borrowed stocks to "short" the shorter does not have to buy back the shares they shorted, because the company is now defunct. Also no taxes are paid on the revenue generated from the shorted shares, as the company is now defunct; thus as the rules are written it is in the best interest of the hedge funds to pick on companies and short them to death]

If you want to understand more on that matter of "overshorted" or "naked shorting" "synthetic shorting" perform a google search on the matter, it's too much to type here. But the short of it is despite being made illegal after the '08 financial crisis, the hedge funds have taken advantages of differences between the paper share and electronic share trading systems to continue the practice. They can't afford to cover the roughly 150M shorted shares without driving the price to astronomical levels (a short "squeeze"). The only card they have left to play is to continue shorting the stock and putting out hit pieces in the media to create FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) to convince those holding the stock to sell and give up. Borrowing/shorting stocks that you don't buy back to cover comes with a daily interest fee charged on the shares. The hedge funds are borrowing millions of dollars per day to cover these fees. As of Thursday, Barrons, Raymond James and possibly other banks have declared they will no longer finance short interest. Essentially putting the hedgies on notice they don't think they can cover and they don't want to go down with them.

How it will all play out is anyone's guess, we will for sure see every trick in the book that the hedge funds can think of to manipulate the market and create "FUD" to induce people to sell. They are fighting for their very existence, hedge funds have put themselves in a position to go out of business if they lose. The bottom line however is if the people continue to buy and HOLD a short squeeze will happen and they will be forced to cover the shorts at ANY PRICE, which is the very nature of a "short squeeze".
When this happened to VW back in the 2000's price per share reached over $1,000 and the whole thing lasted for 4 days. You'll know they've started covering when the shares on loan begins to drop. by double digit percentages per day. And the price is through the roof. Watch out for media manipulation of the facts. Hedge funds have even taken to borrowing shares, and then not shorting them but rather giving them back to artificially elevate and report on the numbers of "shares returned" vs. "shorts covered" it's all market manipulation.

Due your due diligence, I'M NOT A FINANCIAL ADVISOR, THIS IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Miamioffshore, thanks for the detailed information. You have really helped me understand this. Wow, this is crazy then. So, then they speak on 6 digit numbers they arent really bluffing as it is a very good possibility this can happen. Also, i did read on the banks not wanting to loan them any more to go down with them either, who would?! Lol

I guess i will be adding a few more shares tomorrow and telling this ride into moon. Thanks
Shadowbob

Post by Shadowbob »

Reddit group wallstreetbets is fun to watch and read n people f’ing hedgefunds. Blackberry is one they are jumping on also. Figure the ride is ending real soon but if you can get in a little bit it may pay huge for you.