Red dot sight in??

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Dave P

Red dot sight in??

Post by Dave P »

Really dumb question - I must be getting old: 6.5 grendel AR-15 style, left handed !, made by the guys in North Ocala (GTO?), feyachi red dot sight.

Looking thru the barrel, I sight on a cockroach on the wall. Red dot is 6" above roach.

Do I adjust DOWN on the sight, or UP?
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Try down, if that’s not correct, try adjusting up.
Don’t forget to pin that cockroach to the wall first.
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

OK, good data , Griff! But now I forgot which cockroach I adjusted to - there are 2-3 in here now !
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

Well, too late to worry about sighting it in - rifle is just back from factory repair , still FTF issues. Damn it.
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

I would sight the red dot at 25-50 yards depending on your expected use. Several things are at play, bore axis, bullet drop/rise at that particular distance. And......size of roach. 😂
photohause

Post by photohause »

To answer your question, Yes.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

Dave P wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:55 pm Well, too late to worry about sighting it in - rifle is just back from factory repair , still FTF issues. Damn it.
What mags are you using?
Arkhangel5

Post by Arkhangel5 »

Hey Dave,

Are you using a standard AR trigger? Not one of the match types.

SY
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

Magazines: I have tried 2 or 3 -- not any real difference. But, all the mags have to be slammed hard, to seat all the way. Any chance the lower is a hair out of spec, making the mag ride higher towards the chamber??

Arc, how ya been? Sstill competing? The failure is "fail to feed" not "fail to fire". factory trigger is a nice one, actually!
Wolfdog

Post by Wolfdog »

Dave P wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:48 am Magazines: I have tried 2 or 3 -- not any real difference. But, all the mags have to be slammed hard, to seat all the way. Any chance the lower is a hair out of spec, making the mag ride higher towards the chamber??

Arc, how ya been? Sstill competing? The failure is "fail to feed" not "fail to fire". factory trigger is a nice one, actually!
Stick the upper on a different lower. If problem is fixed it is the lower.