We Should Be More Like Canada ?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
P5 Guy

We Should Be More Like Canada ?

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/opini ... d=msedgntp
Canada's federal licensing system is a big reason for this disparity. Buying a gun in Canada is like getting a driver's license. You have to apply for a Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) -- a process that involves a variety of background checks with a minimum 28-day waiting period for new applicants who do not have a valid firearms license. You have to take a safety training course. You have to provide personal references who can vouch for your character. You have to renew the license every five years or else you can be charged with unauthorized possession under the Firearms Act and Criminal Code.
Yeah, right.
Imagine waiting 28 days to own and operate an automobile? Or get character references to drive? :lol:
No Jooyoung Lee I do NOT want to emulate Canadian firearms laws and you keep your whinny butt up there.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Years ago, I had. New York State and a NYC carry permit. I can't remember which one, but I had to submit several references. I also could only purchase and carry the handgun which was specified by make and serial number of the weapon. Any additional handguns I wanted to own, I had to be approved by the specific make and serial number before approval. The NYC permit took six months.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

RIGHTS do not need a permission slip.

Government in a FREE country means a government that provides basic services for our convenience; government is not "mommy & daddy".
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

And in Canada, no handgun with a barrel under 4” is permitted. And you must belong to a gun range, and when you drive to that gun range to test the weapon, you must go DIRECTLY to, & from the range with no stops for gas, Micky Dee’s, or anything. Should you get pulled over on the trip, & you tell them you are coming from the range, they will call to verify you were just there. Oh, & due to Covid, there’s a curfew at 8pm. At least where my parents live. GARY
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

The Kommunists Politburo wants to transform the country into their model as quick as possible using a uniform set of Federal laws to rob those few remaining "pesky" states rights that refuse to yeild. No more whittling away gun rights slowly as they have been doing for decades. They are not going to go with the Canada model. They are going to go with the next generation of the Australian model, ie. the old Kommunists model. Turn'em all in boys.

Only exception will be for card carrying members bodyguards.

They are not concerned about loosing any elections anymore. They will just cheat successfully from now on using their proven methods.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

photohause wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:15 am Years ago, I had. New York State and a NYC carry permit. I can't remember which one, but I had to submit several references. I also could only purchase and carry the handgun which was specified by make and serial number of the weapon. Any additional handguns I wanted to own, I had to be approved by the specific make and serial number before approval. The NYC permit took six months.
Back in Rochester when I got my permit it took over a year to get it processed. Closer to 16 months IIRC, it was a long time ago.

It was a PITA. And every time you wanted to buy a new handgun, you had to pay for it, take the receipt to the County Clerk, get it added to your Permit, and only then could you pick up the gun.
photohause

Post by photohause »

"Back in Rochester when I got my permit it took over a year to get it processed. Closer to 16 months IIRC, it was a long time ago.

It was a PITA. And every time you wanted to buy a new handgun, you had to pay for it, take the receipt to the County Clerk, get it added to your Permit, and only then could you pick up the gun."

Yup-had to pay for it and it sat in the gun shop until you got the okay.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

MiamiOffshore wrote:RIGHTS do not need a permission slip.

Government in a FREE country means a government that provides basic services for our convenience; government is not "mommy & daddy".
Our government here in the U.S. exists to protect our natural rights, not to restrict them. It’s our own fault for letting the politicians run rampant over the Constitution.
R/Griff
TACC

Post by TACC »

Miamioffshore and DammitGrif got it right.

Especially with their new Quarentine rules. they can have that country.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

If someone wants Canada, there's a simple way to achieve it. NYS Thruway, go north as far as you can go, and voila. No insult to Canada or Canadians, beautiful place, nice people. Just don't tell me how to live in Florida.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.