We Should Be More Like Canada ?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

The problem with Canada is its full of Canadians.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Chigger wrote:The problem with Canada is its full of Canadians.
Mostly harmless!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

REDinFL wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:16 pm If someone wants Canada, there's a simple way to achieve it. NYS Thruway, go north as far as you can go, and voila.
No viola. The border has been physically closed for a year, except for truckers delivering goods. And if you fly, you have to show proof that you just had a negative Covid test, & you have to quarantine in a hotel at your cost for a predetermined length of time. Restaurants are only open for take out, strict 8 PM curfew with $1000 fines if you’re caught, nobody wants to be in Canada now. GARY.
tector

Post by tector »

To quote Pat Buchanan from long ago, Soviet Canuckistan.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:51 pm
REDinFL wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:16 pm If someone wants Canada, there's a simple way to achieve it. NYS Thruway, go north as far as you can go, and voila.
No viola. The border has been physically closed for a year, except for truckers delivering goods. And if you fly, you have to show proof that you just had a negative Covid test, & you have to quarantine in a hotel at your cost for a predetermined length of time. Restaurants are only open for take out, strict 8 PM curfew with $1000 fines if you’re caught, nobody wants to be in Canada now. GARY.
Oh, poo. You and your practicality and reality. It was, at least I thought more polite way of saying, IF YOU THINK IT''S SO GREAT, GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GO THERE! I didn't want to upset any sensibilities. Although, I confess I relish tweaking yankee noses when they tell me how much better it was, and "This is how we did it up North."

:D
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Taco

Post by Taco »

I hope he enjoys the permitting process for his free press license. It's easy to get- just take some training as designed by the state, provide a writing sample, and show cause as to the reason why we need a journalist, what you are going to write about, when you're going to write about it, and provide references as to who is going to stand behind your work. Once you get that done- feel free to write what you want within the scope of the permit, just be sure prior to publish you submit it for government approval- 28 days later and you're good to go.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Has something to do with a goose and a gander?
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
chester field

Post by chester field »

Canada has better A&W. That's it.

That is the only category that we should be more like Canada.
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power