Leaving Fl headed out to be near our son.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Safe travels and best of luck out there!
redeagle

Post by redeagle »

Gerry, It has been a pleasure to meet you. Good luck on your drive.

The horrible politics aside, you will be in a beautiful state and location. I am sure you and your wife will enjoy exploring the region and the pleasure of being close to your son.

Remember to always shake out your boots and my regards and best wishes for you out there in the desert.

Al
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Ger42 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:43 am Son why did you have to choose CA as your home? We will be leaving 4/29 ( my 79th b'day) in a rented RV with our 2 dogs and 2 cats to travel 2,600 mile to our new home in Indio CA. Out of the humidity into the heat.

Will I lose my membership here??
Ger, as someone else said, we have never met.
When I first joined here in '06 you had already been an old timer on here, possibly one of the founding members???
And politics aside, California is one of the most beautiful states in this country (when it's not on fire).
Best of luck in your move!
Gregmp15

Post by Gregmp15 »

Good luck and safe travels
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

California is and was a beautiful state with a strong gun culture. IPSC was born therr and numerous talented gunsmiths were from there. It is a shame of what's happened to gun rights there.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

tector wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:01 pm One last thing--

In Kommiefornia, handguns can only be sold in the state if they are on the approved list:

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/certified-handguns/search

I am not a California lawyer (thank God), but if you have some handguns on that are NOT approved, and you think you might want to sell them someday soon, Florida is the place to do it I think. Again, this is not formal legal advice (and if it was it is only worth what you are paying for it! :lol: ), just my informal understanding.
You can bring in non approved handguns as long as they aren't an AW. So a off roaster G43 or SIG P365 is perfectly fine for him to bring into CA. He can even sell it for top dollar to a shop.
tector

Post by tector »

Oh I know he can bring any handgun in. He just can't sell it privately, and the shop has to flip it out of state.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

tector wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:38 pm Oh I know he can bring any handgun in. He just can't sell it privately, and the shop has to flip it out of state.
He can privately sell it through a FFL to a CA resident. Off roster guns come into CA via three common ways.

1. A CA Resident is gifted a off roster by their kids and it is shipped to them via FFL.
2. A CA Cop buys an off roster gun, tries of it, and sells it to another person or a FFL.
3. A person moves to CA with off roster guns that aren't classified as AWs and they later sell them to a FFL or a private party via a FFL.

It does not have to leave CA.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

Wow, California.

If my son converted to Judaism in 1942 Poland and moved to Auschwitz I can assure you I would not join him.

I would do everything possible to convince my son to flee tyranny and flee hell on earth but move to hell to share the flames?

Nope nope nope

We will mourn your loss on freedom
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

I lived in Rancho Mirage for two years back in '82-83 and it was really nice there. Of course that was before the state went full retard.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.