Leaving Fl headed out to be near our son.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Ger42

Leaving Fl headed out to be near our son.

Post by Ger42 »

Son why did you have to choose CA as your home? We will be leaving 4/29 ( my 79th b'day) in a rented RV with our 2 dogs and 2 cats to travel 2,600 mile to our new home in Indio CA. Out of the humidity into the heat.

Will I lose my membership here??
tector

Post by tector »

Safe travels, sir. I love to visit California (except for LA), but you are a braver man than I to live there with there with their state government. However family reasons often trump everything else, so I am sure it makes sense for you. Good luck!
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
TACC

Post by TACC »

Good luck, safe travels

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tector

Post by tector »

PS: I have driven to CA before. If you have a Florida CWP you can carry on your drive all the way to the California border. But before you enter CA, make sure your guns are secured per California law. If your RV has FL tags, you are a target for sure.

The worst part of the drive (from way down here) is Florida--it takes over 9 hours to get of the state. I-10 (and I-12) traffic can be a pain (especially Houston), but once you get past San Antonio, it is super smooth (except for Phoenix, and maybe El Paso at rush hour). There is about 400 miles of west Texas where the speed limit is 80. Driving out in the West is different than here, for me at least--I really enjoy it.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

"Will I lose my membership here??" But of course. And please turn in your cwp and man card to the man at the gate!

Seriiously - good luck! And keep us informed.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Safe travels and we do hope to see you popping in to let us know how you are doing.

Lots to see asking the way. Take your time and be safe.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Safe travels and we do hope to see you popping in to let us know how you are doing.

Lots to see asking the way. Take your time and be safe.
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

Ger42 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:43 am Son why did you have to choose CA as your home? We will be leaving 4/29 ( my 79th b'day) in a rented RV with our 2 dogs and 2 cats to travel 2,600 mile to our new home in Indio CA. Out of the humidity into the heat.

Don’t know you personally of course as I mostly lurk on here anymore. I’m 73 and would love to be near my daughter but I don’t ever want to go back to New England. Be safe out there we care about cha, and,,,,,,,,,,,,by the way, can I have your 20 & 30 rnd mags! 😂😂😂
Mav
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

mavrik wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:12 pm
Ger42 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:43 am Son why did you have to choose CA as your home? We will be leaving 4/29 ( my 79th b'day) in a rented RV with our 2 dogs and 2 cats to travel 2,600 mile to our new home in Indio CA. Out of the humidity into the heat.

Don’t know you personally of course as I mostly lurk on here anymore. I’m 73 and would love to be near my daughter but I don’t ever want to go back to New England. Be safe out there we care about cha, and,,,,,,,,,,,,by the way, can I have your 20 & 30 rnd mags! 😂😂😂
Mav
Sold my AR's and BAD mags
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

Safe travels and good luck.