INERT mine causes panic

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
P5 Guy

INERT mine causes panic

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/milit ... d=msedgntp

The Broward Sheriff’s Office Bomb Squad arrived at the beach at about 2:30 a.m. to examine the device, which turned out to be a sea mine, according to the sheriff’s office. The word “inert” was painted on its side.

Deputies and the bomb squad secured the area until United States Air Force personnel arrived and inspected the mine.

By 10:45 a.m., the mine was removed, turned over to the Air Force and the beach was reopened.

A Broward sheriff's deputy on patrol found a “possible explosive training device” that washed ashore in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea on Sunday, April 4, 2021, the sheriff’s office said. It turned out to be a sea mine.

:D :roll:
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Do salvage laws apply to military flotsam? 🤔. That would be badass at the entrance to someone's backyard chikee bar.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Unfortunately, if it is government property, they own it forever, unless they surplused it, and you have a bill of sale.
40 plus years ago, my brother found a training torpedo about half way between Miami and Bimini.
He "recovered" government property, but he did get a very nice "Finders Fee" for its recovery.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

So the local rag, Sun Sentinel, had this in their article this morning.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office Bomb Squad arrived at the beach at about 2:30 a.m. to examine the device, according to the sheriff’s office. The word “INERT” was painted on its side, but it could have been used for military training and might have been live at one point.
Brilliance at work :roll:
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

This is that training drone in just a couple of weeks? What's next, a cruise missile? I'm gonna start trolling the beaches more.