Bradenton area shops/ sights?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
charliedwsr

Post by charliedwsr »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:48 pm
Flashooter22 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:19 pm Thanks guys...this may end up getting cancelled. The area im supposed to be going is now under an evacuation due to the Piney Point old mine leaking and showing imminent signs of collapse. We will see if they move the class.
If things change and you do happen to come here, I've lived here in Bradentucky since 1999 and there are only 2 places I take folks who visit from out of town, The Beach House and the Rod & Reel pier restaurant.
Take Cortez road west till you cant go any further, that will put you almost in the parking lot of The Beach House, the food is mediocre at best and overpriced, but the back seating area is on the gulf and the view is great, thats what you will be paying for.
The Rod & Reel on Anna Maria Island, it's a rickety 2 story wooden building on the end of the pier and good reasonably priced fish & chips, cold beer, and if weather conditions permit an exceptional view of the gulf and the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, my second choice to take folks visiting from out of town.
Someone here recommended St Armands circle in Sarasota, my honest opinion is dont bother, it's way too crowded, parking is difficult and $$$$$.
As far as Shark Coast tactical, I cannot say, I've never been there.
Hey John, I've heard Red Barn Gun Shop is long gun, but what about the Pawn Shops that sold guns, have they all closed up as well? My best deals always came from them.
“Show me a hero and I’ll write you a tragedy.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

charliedwsr wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:45 pm Hey John, I've heard Red Barn Gun Shop is long gun, but what about the Pawn Shops that sold guns, have they all closed up as well? My best deals always came from them.
Charlie, A couple plus years ago Roger moved his shop about a quarter mile north from his old shop on 41 into a stand alone building after his old shop in the small strip mall got broken into.
Up until a few months ago he was my receiving FFL for out of state purchases, he shut down for good sometime last year.
I dont go to any of the local pawn shops, so I cant answer that question.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Deputydave wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:30 am
Flashooter22 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:37 am Hey guys, I will be in the Bradenton/ Manatee county area next week for a few days and was wondering if there’s any shops or places to check out? I will be in a class during the day but will be free after 5. Gun stores? Any good liquor stores with good bourbon or tequila selections :D
I’m staying right on the river near downtown.
Shark Coast Tactical.

Just bought a Glock 45 blue label from them a couple of weeks ago. Small place but high volume.

https://www.sharkcoasttactical.com/
I was disappointed with them.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

I have only the one experience. What happened?
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us