I'm locked out of the FL Capitol today.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Miami_JBT

I'm locked out of the FL Capitol today.

Post by Miami_JBT »

So today, at 9am I was scheduled to speak before the House's Agriculture & Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee on HB 1343, Issuance of Licenses to Carry Concealed Weapons or Firearms.

It is a bill that requires FDACS to maintain an online application process for issuance of licenses & prohibiting it from arbitrarily or subjectively restricting access; provides for award of reasonable costs & attorney fees in successful actions against FDACS to enforce specified provisions.

Basically, FDACS can't shut down the online CCW website like they did for three months during the pandemic last year. Yeah, Florida stopped processing CCW applications and went so far as to shut down the website since it can be done online.

Anyways, with COVID-19. The House Speaker and Senate President have shuttered the Capitol. No one, and I mean NO ONE can enter the building unless they have a specific meeting with a lawmaker or are registered to attend a committee meeting.

I registered to speak before the committee yesterday. But the IT department of the House decided to have a crash and my appearance was deleted. On top of all that, they changed the rules that mandate you must register a minimum of three hours prior to the meeting.

Well, if the morons had a system crash at 2am. How the hell was I supposed to know?

So I went to the Capitol this morning and the Capitol Police denied me entry. After calling the House Clerk's Office, they said "oh yeah, our system crashed last night. all records were deleted. So sorry. No, you can't come in."

Prior to COVID-19. It was simple. Walk into the Capitol, go to the committee chamber where the meeting is being held, sign in, and take your seat. It was never this complicated, but the current Republican leadership made it this complicated.

So what does this have to do with the House Speaker and Senate President? These two Legislative Dictators changed the rules this year to lock out as many people as possible. The Senate President, Wilton Simpson is the asshole that wrote Florida's gun control bill in 2018 after Parkland. The House Speaker, Chris Sprowls voted for it with a huge smile and he's currently killing Constitutional Carry. Furthermore, these two shit-bags are Republicans.

Hell, the Senate President was caught back in January on a hot mic on The Florida Channel (FL's version of CSPAN) calling the public "leeches" and he was boosting about having the Capitol closed.

Not a peep from Gov. DeSantis. He has the power to order the Capitol open. But he's done jack shit. He's pressing for the CDC to let the cruise line industry to open, but he hasn't even open the Capitol back up and he has that power to override the House Speaker and Senate President.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

What district do these choades represent?
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
photohause

Post by photohause »

Bull$hit. Document it and send it out. Reps, press and all.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
TACC

Post by TACC »

I agree with photo, send it to every news station including tucker Carlson

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Better keep a close watch on your computer. You've obviously been identified as effective.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
chester field

Post by chester field »

Agree with you on Simpson, based on a number of bills I am involved with.
He is also super tight with Marion Hammer -also based on a number of bills I am involved with.
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power