BREAKING NEWS: 6TH CIRCUIT RULES IN GOA v. GARLAND. BUMPSTOCKS NOT MACHINE GUNS!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Post by tector »

I could care less about bump stocks per se. But we NEED the Supreme Court to put Second Amendment issues on the same footing as First Amendment issues, particularly as to the the standard of review--strict scrutiny. That is a tough standard for laws to pass. Right now it is a goddamned muddle, and the Supreme Court has been kicking the can down the street for over a decade.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

To me it wasn't about bump stocks. It was the fact that in very short order, with very sketchy evidence tens of millions in private property was made illegal to possess in one fell swoop. No remediation, no grandfather clause, nothing, just poof get rid of it. In my tinfoil hat opinion it was laying the groundwork in legal precedent for much more insidious things.
Those thing are starting us in the face now!
tector

Post by tector »

lilwoody wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:46 am To me it wasn't about bump stocks. It was the fact that in very short order, with very sketchy evidence tens of millions in private property was made illegal to possess in one fell swoop. No remediation, no grandfather clause, nothing, just poof get rid of it. In my tinfoil hat opinion it was laying the groundwork in legal precedent for much more insidious things.
Absolutely 100% goddamned right, sir.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

So...can I "un-bury" my binary triggers now? :?
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Unfortunately I don’t think it changes Florida statutes
chạy trốn hoặc giết tất cả và đốt hooches của họ.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Thank you GOA.

Please forgive me for my feeling the need to vent and I am sure you are sick of it. But surely the Kommunists will just CANCEL these judges that dare to rule against them. They will find a Libiturd venue to get this overruled.

I am waiting for the Kommieala handlers to begin to remove all Trump appointed judges and have them disbarred. The purge of the remaining Constitutional judiciary is surely one of the steps they have planned.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I like to see Red Flag law go away in Florida.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

tector wrote:
lilwoody wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:46 am To me it wasn't about bump stocks. It was the fact that in very short order, with very sketchy evidence tens of millions in private property was made illegal to possess in one fell swoop. No remediation, no grandfather clause, nothing, just poof get rid of it. In my tinfoil hat opinion it was laying the groundwork in legal precedent for much more insidious things.
Absolutely 100% goddamned right, sir.
Where the federal courts, up to and including the Supreme Court, rely on case law that is biased in the government’s favor, it is the individual and sovereign states that retain the final and determining interpretation of the Constitution, which has always been intended to protect the people from their own government.
Our focus should be on on own states’ efforts to nullify un-Constitutional federal laws.
R/Griff