FLORIDA CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY FIRE MISSION

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TACC

Post by TACC »

I dont think the governor realizes who the majority of his constituents are, and everyone of them will be needed in 2022

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

I will be at the Capitol today speaking before two separate committees for three bills and two amendments.

HB 1409 : Preemption of Firearms and Ammunition Regulation and HB 1343 : Issuance of Licenses to Carry Concealed Weapons or Firearms were this morning.

Both bills passed favorably this morning.

This afternoon is CS/HB 259 : Safety of Religious Institutions plus its two amendments. I'm against 836759, and for 707993.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
TACC

Post by TACC »

Great update

TACC

Post by TACC »

Sir, can you enlighten us on

HB 1205.

Just heard about it today.

Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

Just read it. This would be a big plus for us. Everything is clearly stated.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Miami_JBT wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:13 am March 17 Update

Just spoke with Rep. Cord Bryd . He said he will not have Constitutional Carry added to the Committee's agenda since it does not have a Senate Companion Bill. That's the excuse that Byrd gave me. The real truth is that the House Speaker doesn't want it heard and that Gov. DeSantis hasn't spent a red cent of political capital supporting any pro gun legislation. He's taking his marching orders from House Speaker Sprowls. No one in the Senate submitted a companion bill because Senate President Simpson will kill all of their other bills.

THESE EMAILS ARE CRUCIAL! WE NEED TO PUT PRESSURE ON GOVERNOR DESANTIS!
Just so everyone knows, Representative Cord Byrd is an attorney who holds himself out as "Your Firearms Law Expert" on his website: https://floridagunlawyer.com/. The homepage of his website states:
The purpose and goal of this website is to provide information on the laws regarding the possession, ownership and safe use of firearms as well as provide a method for those needing legal representation to contact Cord to discuss their specific legal needs. Many lawyers are either ignorant of the history and use of firearms, firearms law or are openly hostile to the private ownership of guns. In addition to knowing the laws pertaining to firearms Cord understands the heritage of the shooting sports, the people who engage in it, and the role is has played in our Nation’s history.
How any attorney can fail to support and advance a bill that protects the rights of those he's been happy to make a living from is beyond my comprehension, unless his political ambitions outweigh his alleged principles. Anyone who writes to Mr. Byrd on this issue should call him out on his hypocrisy, quote the above language from his own website, and ask him whose interests he really supports - his own, or the citizens he was elected to represent? Perhaps Mr. Byrd needs to feel the effects of Cancel Culture - not only should he start looking for work outside of politics, but he must understand he should not count on returning to the practice of Gun Law once his re-election efforts fail, if we have anything to say about it.

Waiting on a companion bill, Mr. Byrd? Bullsh*t!!! Add it to the agenda and advance it NOW.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

TACC wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:34 pm Sir, can you enlighten us on

HB 1205.

Just heard about it today.

GOA backs it. It is a 2A Sanctuary bill.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
revelation

Post by revelation »

I got a response from Debbie Mayfield who covers Indian River and S. Brevard. It may be just a form generated response but I feel good that I made my voice heard!

Thank you for reaching out to me about this important issue. I have always supported the 2nd Amendment and will continue to do so. I believe that it is our right for us to protect ourselves and to carry a gun. I have voted in support of open carry of firearms legislation.

As we move through the rest of the 2021 Session, I will be providing updates on legislative issues, including this, on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/senatordebbiemayfield/ and on Twitter https://twitter.com/debbie_mayfield

Sincerely,

Senator Debbie Mayfield

Florida Senate, District 17

District Office:

900 E Strawbridge Ave

Melbourne, FL 32901

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell