If you failed to stock up on ammo, you might as well not stock up on non-crippled mags, too

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

If you failed to stock up on ammo, you might as well not stock up on non-crippled mags, too

Post by tector »

Per a discussion in another thread, it would not surprise me if we were headed back to the bad old days--hard to say. Covidmania appears to have suppressed mass shootings. Give the Dems a couple and let's see.

Ordering them this late, with a paper trail, is at least open to question--might want to spend some cash (while it still exists) at a gun show.

Just saying....
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I believe the Finestein Image already submitted mag limit legislation as the bitch does every year.

Not necessary to buy any mags, as come first "mass" shooting, the commies will go right for immediate confiscation. They are just waiting to protect the proletariat...
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
tector

Post by tector »

tector wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:14 pm Per a discussion in another thread, it would not surprise me if we were headed back to the bad old days--hard to say. Covidmania appears to have suppressed mass shootings. Give the Dems a couple and let's see.

Ordering them this late, with a paper trail, is at least open to question--might want to spend some cash (while it still exists) at a gun show.

Just saying....
So now we have 2 "mass shootings" in 6 days--the first one only two days after my post above.

I have been called psycho before, but never psychic....
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I guess I better go check CTD.

I'm not sure I'd even bother running for reduced capacity mags. The obvious reason you'd want one is so you could go out to a range with your AR or whatever. This time, they'll go for confiscation, not grandfathering.

However, another wrinkle is the finding in the 9th circuit re: CA 10 round limit. The 9th overturned that, and substituted 15 rounds. Of course, that could be overturned with a full 9th review, not just a panel.

Of course, the whole mess will go to SCOTUS but, with the moles appointed by presidents thinking they were conservative, I'm not sanguine about the outcome.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
tector

Post by tector »

REDinFL wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:35 pm I guess I better go check CTD.

I'm not sure I'd even bother running for reduced capacity mags. The obvious reason you'd want one is so you could go out to a range with your AR or whatever. This time, they'll go for confiscation, not grandfathering.
I agree. Which is why I mentioned buying them at a gun show (or BST) for cash....

But I appreciate your optimism on still being able to have an AR in public!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

No, please don't think I'm that cockeyed. They will go for confiscation/forced buyback/NFA registration (for future confiscation) of all of whatever they can squeeze into the category.

And, I don't want to hear anybody blathering about "burying". If one has enough spit and vinegar, just keep them at the ready - just have something more benign for home defense against burglars. The time will come when some gang, whether police or amateur military will start something, then will be the time. I'm too old for firefights, might as well recognize that, not sure what I'll do with mine. But, "they" won't like my non-assault old west type alternatives.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ah ... d=msedgdhp
A search of the suspect's suburban Denver home turned up other weapons, a senior law enforcement source said Tuesday. The weapon used in the attack was an AR-15-style pistol modified with an arm brace, according to the source.
Arm brace going, going, gone

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/po ... d=msedgdhp
Police in Colorado said Tuesday that Ahmad Alissa, the man charged with killing 10 people in a shooting at a grocery store in Boulder bought a semi-automatic rifle less than a week before the Monday shooting.
How long a waiting period would have prevented this?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgdhp
“We won't solve this crisis with just prosecutions after funerals. We need prevention before shooting,” he added.

Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., whose state grappled with the Sandy Hook shooting in 2012, said now is the time for real action now, “not the fig leaves or the shadows that have been offered on the other side, along with hopes and thoughts and prayers.”

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., noted that Boulder banned assault weapons in 2018, but a court blocked the ban 10 days ago.

Last week chihead bought the gun,
Ten business days waiting period would have prevented this?
:shock:
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

Apparently, it's perfectly legal to murder people in most parts of the US... just not with an "Assault Rifle" so they should be banned.

How about we just tackle the root of the problem (*cough* mental illness *cough*) instead of trying to repeal the Bill of Rights.
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Or, in a few of the cases, jurisdictions in which the perp had a conviction which would have prohibited him/it from owning a firearm, failed to enter the information into the national database.
tector

Post by tector »

REDinFL wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:55 am Or, in a few of the cases, jurisdictions in which the perp had a conviction which would have prohibited him/it from owning a firearm, failed to enter the information into the national database.
But then he could have bought it private sale, which would bring up that whole issue. There is no avoiding the gun grabbers head on. They are not going to listen to point by point argument about the Second Amendment--it will always be something.