Florida Gun Trader has seriously gone downhill

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:48 pm
Deputydave wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:19 pm As soon as I logged into my account I was suddenly an Admin! I'm doing it now on another page, at the top right is says 'Welcome Admin'.
Well...get busy, then! Clean that place up. 🤣
The thought crossed my mind.... :lol:

But it was so screwed up I'd get kicked out trying to look at an ad. The funny part is Terry the troll is trying to take credit for hacking them. Put 4 posts back-to-back talking about it. I kinda doubt it. He strikes me as the kind of guy that would need instructions to tie his shoes. And it may have bee corrupted files, that does happen from time-to-time. Who knows?
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Indi3568

Post by Indi3568 »

17 May 2021
Tried to access my FGT account to add new pic and I'm directed to another account name john refreshed and I' on Daniels account
sent FGT am email addressing this I'll keep you posted. If it was hacked I'd really like to visit this troll for a demonstrative hands on conversation
Underwater223556

Post by Underwater223556 »

You will never get a reply from an admin over there so now the site is not even 2nd rate anymore. Underground357
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Underwater223556 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:13 pm You will never get a reply from an admin over there so now the site is not even 2nd rate anymore. Underground357
You're right, I've never received a response to a message. And I've sent several. Waste of time.

Right now the message system seems to be off line. I tried sending a message to someone and it never went through. Tried several times with the same result. Tried to message myself on one of the ads I have there and never got it. So right now you'll have to put contact information in the ad if you want a response.
Underwater223556

Post by Underwater223556 »

The person listed as admin and owner is a David W Bradford, 42. Austin Texas. Also owns Texas gun trader he flags a lot of posts even ,legit ones I did. Get a Response one time a long time ago when he said he could not stop that idiot Terry B Benton from Leesburg. Have to wonder why???
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

If I was sure that it would be used, I would do one to replace it.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Underwater223556 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:45 pm The person listed as admin and owner is a David W Bradford, 42. Austin Texas. Also owns Texas gun trader he flags a lot of posts even ,legit ones I did. Get a Response one time a long time ago when he said he could not stop that idiot Terry B Benton from Leesburg. Have to wonder why???
He could stop him if he put some effort into it. He just has to keep blocking all the fake emails and IP addressed. Eventually Terry will run out.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Legio wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:28 am If I was sure that it would be used, I would do one to replace it.
I'm quite sure it would be used. Armslist now charges people to even look at the description of an ad. So it's a waste of time to go there unless you're willing to spend money each and every month just for the privilege of browsing ads for something of interest. I won't spend a penny with them.

An alternative to FGT would be well received. It would need to be promoted to get the word out and that can be done from here as well as those of us on other gun forums. Word of mouth.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

As an FYI. If you are a “grandfathered” member on Armslist, meaning before the recent changes, you can still log in. Won’t get anywhere in it other than “upgrading”, but you can then return to the ads while still logged in and then can see the content. Advertisers who are wise to this place contact information in the ad. I suppose Armslist will get wise to this, in which case advertisers will have to put an email address in the photo.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

REDinFL wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:41 am As an FYI. If you are a “grandfathered” member on Armslist, meaning before the recent changes, you can still log in. Won’t get anywhere in it other than “upgrading”, but you can then return to the ads while still logged in and then can see the content. Advertisers who are wise to this place contact information in the ad. I suppose Armslist will get wise to this, in which case advertisers will have to put an email address in the photo.
Thanks for that tip. I did not know that. And you're right, I've logged in and skipped the upgrade menu and can now see the ads. Smart sellers do need to include contact info though.