Heirloom 22LR, what would you buy

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
cj5mrt

Post by cj5mrt »

I had a Winchester Model 52 that belonged to my Grandfather I'd love to get back. I was convinced to pass it on to a cousin because he had nothing that belonged to our GF. Soon after, that whole part of our family decided we weren't family any more. Any way, I'd say get something you really want and pass it down. Your family will love it because it belonged to you.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Gregg wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:36 pm Remington 514 single shot.
That was my first gun, and I still have it 60 years later.
Just about any better quality 22 bolt action will fill your needs.
It's your decision; do you want a flashy safe queen (many thousands of bucks), or do you want a good shooter(hundreds of bucks).
Do you mean Rem 513? If so great guns and love the Lyman target sights.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

No, it was a single shot bolt action model 514.
I also have two model 513 bolt action Target magazine repeaters that I bought many years later.
My second 22 rifle was an Anschutz Model 1413 single shot high grade target rifle.
Used that one in High School and later College small bore rifle teams.
jimmac

Post by jimmac »

I got a Mossberg 146B when I was 11, sold it when I was in Service, later bought 2 more, sold them a few years back, recently bought 3 of them plus a 146B/A now I have 4 the 146B/A is a newer version, but close. These things are tack drivers.
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms, add a bag of Doritos, and we have a picnic.
It's a beautiful day, watch some idiot come along and screw it up.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER, RETIRED FIRE LIEUTENANT. FORMER AUX POLICE OFFICER, FORMER POLICE COMMISSIONER