Buy/Sell in a "post" Armslist world?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Exactly. I can say the negative things I've seen. But, I got a great deal from a decent guy a couple of months ago on my Smith 69. As with so many other things in this life, one needs to sort them out.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
cj5mrt

Post by cj5mrt »

I've dealt with a few people on FGT that were GTG. But there are a lot of scammers on there now. Just the other day a guy had a rifle I was interested in advertised in Central FL. Turns out he's in N FL and wanted me to drive 6 hours there. I wasn't that interested.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Ah, but you haven't lived until the guy says he will come to you. Then, something comes up, and either he doesn't show and contacts you afterwards, a story of car mishap or illness. But, not to worry, "I can send it, at my expense, just mail me/paypal me/WU me the funds and it will be on its way."

It's the same in many contexts. I've had people tell me they'd have a car top I was selling on Craigslist picked up, and they'd send a money order. In life one need use the noggin. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I've picked up a bit of cynicism in my 74 trips around the Sun.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

Right here at FSN or in my own private circles....word travels if you're looking for something or have something particular to sell.