Is 9 MM ammo worth $1 a round?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
redeagle

Post by redeagle »

and please don’t forget, we eat what we kill. Yummy yummy.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

If you don't have it and really really need it? Yes.
Chinerd00

Post by Chinerd00 »

My cousin in Washington State just got 500 rounds at .24¢ per round 1 box per person. So prices are out there just not in Florida.
tector

Post by tector »

A .177 hunting pellet at 700 fps+ should be plenty good, I think--assuming you can get up on him. At distance, a rifle yes.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

Something is worth what others are willing to pay for it. Right now, idiots are willing to pay 1$ a round.
tector

Post by tector »

I remember AIM, in the early 2000s (first term of the GWB administration) running a sale--1000 rounds of 9mm brass ammo (GECO), delivered, for $99.99. I feel like I am talking about $.26 / gal. gas (which I also remember, but that was the late 1960s).
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I still have wooden thousand round cases of Port .308 from Aim that was $150 shipped. The good old days. GARY.
redeagle

Post by redeagle »

We all sure miss the good old days of not so long ago.
HXP spam cans for $60/can with no order limit. South African battle packs of .308 and Hirt 8mm with boxer brass for reloading.
The CMP and AIM pretty much owned my credit cards.

Btw Gary. 73 from a fellow ham.
tector

Post by tector »

Yes, but those are all surplus ammo--this was new manufacture 9mm, $5 a box delivered to your door. Now people are paying are paying $50 for the same, like 16 years later. That is astounding to me. I realize it is probably just a bubble, but it has been going on awhile. This is definitely longer than the Sandy Hook "crisis."
redeagle

Post by redeagle »

I agree. I also think it’s a bubble but people panic buy so easily now that i expect they will come and go periodically, along with the political hype. I don’t know if we’ll ever see $5/box again but when it gets back down to the $160 per 1K case delivered I hope I can afford to stock up on plenty of 9mm inventory. For all the other calibers I’m in good shape and can reload more.

I don’t mind reloading rifle calibers but high volume 9mm is too much time and idpa events are not where you want to be chasing down your brass.