Is 9 MM ammo worth $1 a round?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
redeagle

Post by redeagle »

My daughter and I just left the range here. With the funky hours at Markham I had to settle for using the expensive indoor range at Nexus. Ladies shoot free on Mondays so it makes it almost a wash taking her tonight.

They are charging $38/box for 9mm bulk with a 1 box limit per shooter. Even so it is a 30 min wait to get a lane and about half the visitors seem to be renting a firearm and buying range ammo.

An hour at the range is now more than a day pass to a Disney park, (only $200 for a 4 -day pass).
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Not one in this forum should be buying any type of ammo unless you are brand new! Everyone is always talking about buying it cheap and stacking it deep. It will settle eventually, shoot .22 for now. But like they said, when they start with the mail delivery on ammo and all other bullshit restrictions then stand the hell by.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

sucks to be poor, really sucks to be ammo poor :mrgreen:
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

rentprop1 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:41 pm sucks to be poor, really sucks to be ammo poor :mrgreen:
I'm pretty good on 9mm, #8 Target load and green tip. Decent on .45acp. I could use a little more .22LR for my new toy (one you'd appreciate Rent). In honor of the GSG 1911 .22LR I won at that raffle i attended of yours, years ago (which, sadly, I had to sell due to my financial issues), I replaced it recently with this one:

Last edited by FfNJGTFO on Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redeagle

Post by redeagle »

I wish I had the luck in the stock market I’ve had in the ammo market.

When I was young, a guy would be jealous of the dude who drove up to the hot chick in a porche, while you sat in your honda. Now, the poor but smart shooter just whispers, “I’ve got ammo (or primers) and those porsche drivers want to trade you their girl for a few boxes of .223, haha.
Last edited by redeagle on Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tector

Post by tector »

I posted this 4 days ago in another thread:
I went back and looked at my old emails. Just two years ago--January 24, 2019--I forwarded an email to two of my friends from SG Ammo (SGammo.com) selling S&B 115gr. brass 9mm by the 1000 round case for $8.50 per box ($170 for the case), DELIVERED! Now they both whine about 9mm prices and availability (in fact, just looking, SG Ammo has NO 9mm on hand right now).
Unless somebody was REALLY poor from late 2016 to at least early 2019, they have NO excuse to be ammo poor now. Prices collapsed when Hillary didn't get in, and it was obviously the time to buy. I could see now needing some "boutique" rounds, but basic 9mm. .45acp, 5.56, .22lr and the like should have been grabbed by the bunch. As I also said, Aesop wrote The Ant and The Grasshopper like 2600 years ago--there is really nothing new under the sun (and King Solomon observed that about 3000 years ago).
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

And earlier in this thread I wasn't kidding about a pellet gun for practice. I am looking at these two pistols:

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Beeman_P3/556

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Diana_RWS_LP8/1840

The latter for sure would also be good for taking out these fucking iguanas.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

I was lucky (if you want to call it that) enough to snag a 500rd case of Winchester Ranger RA9T in a local FTF deal for $25 a box. Not too bad considering the current madness.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
tector

Post by tector »

osprey21 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:13 pm I was lucky (if you want to call it that) enough to snag a 500rd case of Winchester Ranger RA9T in a local FTF deal for $25 a box. Not too bad considering the current madness.
For Ranger, hell no! (I would think)
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

tector wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:53 pm And earlier in this thread I wasn't kidding about a pellet gun for practice. I am looking at these two pistols:

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Beeman_P3/556

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Diana_RWS_LP8/1840

The latter for sure would also be good for taking out these fucking iguanas.
You're gonna have to up your game to take iguanas... A .22 (air)rifle is recommended:

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -