Is 9 MM ammo worth $1 a round?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Ger42

Is 9 MM ammo worth $1 a round?

Post by Ger42 »

Looking at Gunbroker for current price for 9MM ammo found some at $1 a round. Things this bad?
gforester

Post by gforester »

Yes, things have gotten that bad. Went to the gun show yesterday and 9mm was $50-55 a box. Premium self defense 9mm was upwards of $100 a box. IF you think the prices are high now, just wait until the Dems start trying to restrict mail order sales.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Only if you're that desperate.

Also keep in mind shipping is expensive.

You can find overpriced ammo locally between 60 and 80 cents a round. I have seen some who made a point of not being gougers selling range ammo still at 40 cents. Keep an eye out.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

As bad/high as prices were at the gun show it was the lack of ammo that was most concerning.
Many small vendors chose the show to cash in but we may see so little ammo vendors will start holding mini auctions

I would hate to see us looking back on a dollar a round for 9MM ball as the cheap days
redeagle

Post by redeagle »

I can't fathom it having gone so high as $1/round. I hope the market readjusts after supply catches up. Sometimes, even if it drops, the new "normal" seems to settle at a higher level. No more $7 specials per box of WWB at Bass Pro after the last shortage ended.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I did a show with Ira last weekend in Miramar. Put on by Florida Gun Expo. The promoter, & Ira were chatting before the show started. Edwin was very proud how he was getting $1 a round for 223/556 while his costs only went up 15-20%. Apparently he’s trying to make up for the last 4 years of slow sales. I don’t know what he’s getting for 9mm, but the last show I worked for SS, 50 rounds of 9mm range ammo was $30. IRA will only sell 2 boxes of ammo to any customer. When Edwin tried to buy every round Ira had to then resell for $1 each, Ira told him he had to keep his ammo for his customers who buy guns. So when your ammo vendor shrugs his shoulders when you ask why it’s a buck a round, grab the Vaseline. GARY
Last edited by N4KVE on Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Went to the farmers market out here,guy wanted $50.00 for a 50 round box of .38 ,nothing fancy.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
tector

Post by tector »

If 9mm is $1/round, time to get a pellet gun to practice. Seriously.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

Hard to believe I'm saying this....but Gander had 9mm $0.365 per round, I got some last Friday. Limit 3 boxes per member or 1 if non-member. They had Aguila 147g FMJ a few weeks ago for around $17 for 50. They had Aguila .223 for $0.42 per round a while back too. Also they usually have some 9mm put back so if you buy a 9mm gun, you can buy 2 boxes of 9mm ammo. Ever since they got taken over by Good Sam they got better prices...not great, but better.

TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

My buddy over in Brevard just texted me and said he was getting lucky checking PSA early in the morning.

He said scores the 4 box limit every now and then at $30 a box, but it goes OOS in minutes.