Maryland Cop Shoots Stick-wielding Man to Death

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
dammitgriff

Maryland Cop Shoots Stick-wielding Man to Death

Post by dammitgriff »

Suicide by cop, evidently. Was wondering what everyone thinks about this, should the cop have tried shooting the stupid bastard in the leg instead? The LEO attempted to first engage with his taser, but was unsuccessful.
Did the man deserve to die?
R/Griff

‘Shoot his ass!’ Maryland driver goads deputy sheriff as he unloads clip into stick-swinging assailant (GRAPHIC VIDEO)
https://www.rt.com/usa/514859-maryland- ... ing-video/
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Nothing to see here, move along...

BLM does not care. The MOB does not care. Baltimore will not be burned down to the ground, again. Not a person of Color. I doubt Sleepy Joe will prosecute for not adhering to his "Shoot'em in the leg" mandate.

Common man!

Surprised any media covered it at all.
Last edited by Flame Red on Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

if the cop wasn't too old, everweight, and had any hand to hand training
in the last ten years shooting wouldn't have been necessary.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

So much for stopping power! Plugged him point blank and dude continues at him. #Zombie
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
photohause

Post by photohause »

Needed a teaser instead. On the other hand, I have witnessed what PCP can do to a person.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Taco

Post by Taco »

A few lessons and reminders:

Pistols suck at killing people, especially killing them quickly. Lots of time between shot 1 and down.

Three methods to stopping an attacker using a firearm:
Physical- A shattered pelvis makes folks fall. Girdle shots end fights.
CNS Interruption- Need that to move. Head and spine shots end fights.
Low blood pressure- Multiple holes end fights, but do so the slowest.

Space buys time, time buys options. Limited context, but he should not have been that close. Report was taser was attempted first but was ineffective- didn't get both spikes in, missed, don't know. By the time the video started the officer realized he needed space but was more than a dozen feet into hand to hand land.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

As a "reasonable person," if the cop were brought up on charges and I were on the jury, I'd vote to acquit. The BG just kept coming at him with a weapon (stick) in his hand, which could have easily caused "death or great bodily harm." AOJ satisfied, AFAIC.

As to why he didn't drop right away, did the BG, perhaps, have some body armor or something? I couldn't see the entry holes so I don't know at what the LEO was aiming. But I do like the idea of a pelvis hit to make the BG go down. Heck, that might also accomplish the Low Blood Pressure scenario if he also hits the femoral artery at the same time.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

I guess cops don’t carry collapsible batons anymore...?
The aggressor with the stick appeared to attempt a strike to the head of the officer...that’s a no-no.
R/Griff
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

dammitgriff wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:16 pm I guess cops don’t carry collapsible batons anymore...?
The aggressor with the stick appeared to attempt a strike to the head of the officer...that’s a no-no.
R/Griff
Or, at least, a PR-24.
gforester

Post by gforester »

At the distance the cop was shooting a head shot should have been easy. First shot to the head, the attacker will take pause.
Last edited by gforester on Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.