Maryland Cop Shoots Stick-wielding Man to Death

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

dammitgriff wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:16 pm I guess cops don’t carry collapsible batons anymore...?
The aggressor with the stick appeared to attempt a strike to the head of the officer...that’s a no-no.
R/Griff
Most do, or even pepper spray, but why engage in a stick vs. stick battle? Always gotta take it to the next level.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Cops shouldn't be tasked with trying to talk down someone with mental heath issues or rageaholics in protecting themselves or the public against armed persons.

With the release of more body cam footage, I'm surprised at just how many chances most cops give armed individuals. I'm also surprised at how many individuals less lethal tasers fail to subdue.

Those who say use an asp or baton do not understand that the last thing you want to do in a self defense situation is to be in a hand to hand. Space is your friend.

Shoot the asswipe.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

If you take the badge and uniform out of the picture and place yourself in that situation, would a jury here in Florida consider that a good shoot?
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:11 pm So much for stopping power! Plugged him point blank and dude continues at him. #Zombie
No kidding, didn't look like he had vest on, but he took the rounds like superman...until the end when he died.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Chigger wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:11 pm Cops shouldn't be tasked with trying to talk down someone with mental heath issues or rageaholics in protecting themselves or the public against armed persons.

With the release of more body cam footage, I'm surprised at just how many chances most cops give armed individuals. I'm also surprised at how many individuals less lethal tasers fail to subdue.

Those who say use an asp or baton do not understand that the last thing you want to do in a self defense situation is to be in a hand to hand. Space is your friend.

Shoot the asswipe.
What was he supposed to do? Give him ice cream? The guy can kill you, crazy or not.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.