Shooter's World has .22 ammo

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Post by tector »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:32 pm There is a local forum here in my neck of the woods http://manasotaguntraders.com/
Earlier this week some newbie posted a box of 525 Remington Golden .22 for sale $250.
The ad lasted a few hours before it disappeared.
I dont know for sure if the .22 was sold or if the dude was shamed into deleting his post.
I tend to think he was shamed into deleting it based on the one response he had to his ad.
Some people......
He was accosted by Communists who demanded subsidized pricing?
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

tector wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:43 pm
Jeepsnguns wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:32 pm There is a local forum here in my neck of the woods http://manasotaguntraders.com/
Earlier this week some newbie posted a box of 525 Remington Golden .22 for sale $250.
The ad lasted a few hours before it disappeared.
I dont know for sure if the .22 was sold or if the dude was shamed into deleting his post.
I tend to think he was shamed into deleting it based on the one response he had to his ad.
Some people......
He was accosted by Communists who demanded subsidized pricing?
Or got zapped by Israeli laser beams?
I'm just glad I stocked up after the last ammo panic.
tector

Post by tector »

For at least 2 or 3 years we had low, low ammo prices--I'd get ads BEGGING me to buy cases of ammo. On every gun forum people who have been through previous panics (after 9-11, Obama elected, Sandy Hook, etc.) said "buy it large now and stack it deep." I am supposed to feel sorry for idiots who didn't?

1 year ago today 1 Bitcoin was about $9600. Today it is about $38,000. If somebody bought a Bitcoin 1 year ago, what is the "fair" price they should sell it to you today? Actually if they bought it 2 years ago, or 2 months ago, what is the "fair" price they should sell it to you today?

Wrong answers only, Commies.

We probably have a few people here that might be considered "rich," but most of us are some degree of middle class. None of these people have any excuse for being ammo poor right now--ZERO. Aesop lived like 2600 years ago, so the tale of the Ant and the Grasshopper is nothing new.

Now we also have some people here who are of very modest means, poor in fact. They didn't have the resources to stock up, so for them I feel sorry. But the rest of you? Fuck off.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Cheap and deep! Got no sympathy for anyone (even friends) that coulda.....shoulda.......but didn't! Even when I said, "hey, gonna run to such and such (usually cabelas/bass pro or Wally) place to see if they got any ammo in, wanna ride?" " NAAAHHH, i got shit to do, but hey, if they have any 22/45/9/12 gauge....... pick me up some"! NOPE! When they only let you pick up 5 boxes, they're ALL for me, and stop the fuggin' whining when YOU have nothing to shoot!
tector

Post by tector »

I went back and looked at my old emails. Just two years ago--January 24, 2019--I forwarded an email to two of my friends from SG Ammo (SGammo.com) selling S&B 115gr. brass 9mm by the 1000 round case for $8.50 per box ($170 for the case), DELIVERED! Now they both whine about 9mm prices and availability (in fact, just looking, SG Ammo has NO 9mm on hand right now).

LOL!!!
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

I bought a lot of ammo in 2019 because yes we've been through this before.
I am good for a while....but will it ever be back to "normal"?
Off To The Races

Post by Off To The Races »

Like previously stated, any gun owner that was in the game pre-2020 has little to no excuse. Case in point, when Walmart was putting all their pistol and MSR rifle ammo on clearance in December 2019 anyone in their right mind should have bought the stores out. It truly was fire sale pricing! 9mm was 9 cents, 40 was 10 cents, 223 was 14 cents, etc. Same thing with online retailers. Cases of 9mm and 5.56 were shipped to your door at 25 percent of today's prices. If that wasn't enough, manufacturers were even offering additional rebates making ammo even more of a steal.

Not bragging, but I was picking up premium Federal Fusion 30-30 and 270 Win soft points for $4.50 per box; try paying less than $40 today.
tector

Post by tector »

45caldan wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:12 pm I bought a lot of ammo in 2019 because yes we've been through this before.
I am good for a while....but will it ever be back to "normal"?
2022 and 2024 will have a lot to say about that. Hope and work for "yes" but plan for "no."
redeagle

Post by redeagle »

The last shortage went for about 2 years, then got better for almost a year until sandy hook sent it all for another shortage for 2 more years. I am planning for covid to keep things tight at least through the summer. If this government doesn’t enact something in its first few months against gun ownership and no new crisis comes up I think the ammo mfg should be able to catch up.

I also don’t feel too bad for my friends begging me for ammo or primers. We all went through the same shortage. I have some vintage arms with uncommon calibers so have the habit of stocking up. Also, a 5k round case of 22lr takes up the space of a 12-pk of soda cans. It fits in a single 50cal ammo can. It has a shelf life of maybe 100 years? I can maybe understand running short of centerfire, but there little excuse not to have a few years of 22lr on hand.

Until the shortage ends and prices go down, shoot rimfire or take up archery. 😁