Investors, Day Traders, or Swingers?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Glad i am not alone on this lol. I bought dogecoin at .05, a couple of hundred dollars. Sold it soon after like a dumbass for barely anything over. Did it again at .12 lol and sold it off soon after, dumbass x2! Bought it again at .29 and held. When it was .74 i had a nice gain. But being greedy wanted to wait till the $1 hype. I am lucky i can keep my eyes on it through the day. This has been a learning curve for sure. You need patience which i dont have and want fast gains lol. While doing this, i have been buying into cardano (ada) cause i see this one really getting some nice gains in the long term. Want to have 1k in ada. Looking into shiba and safemoon. But they are as easy process to buy them. Maybe admin can add a finance thread so we can communicate about this.
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

SHIB and PIG are making 1000% gains if you're on an exchange that trades them.

SHIB is coming to Binance(THE largest BY FAR Crypto exchange on Earth) It may be the next big one for those who missed out on Doge
Orlando Paulitician

Post by Orlando Paulitician »

At the age of 32, I'm just now getting into trading/investing. I keep 1 month of expenses in the bank, and everything else goes into either my Roth, HSA, or personal account.

This is my overall portfolio allocation goals:
>1/3 in stocks I really like, with a focus for low PE, and then I sell out-of-the-money call options to make an extra 10-20% in premiums a year.

I really like VIAC and ASO. VIAC is just ridiculously undervalued due to the Archegos fire sale incident. I think ASO could break out to DKS pricing if they keep up their EPS growth. They're growing their top line pretty fast, and their bottom line almost exponentially. They seem to be good at leveraging their fixed assets (stores) to retain their incremental revenue all the way to the bottom line. Their Free Cash Flow could use improvement, but I think that will come in time.

>1/3 of in weekly cash-covered puts. This is my way of earning an easy 40-80% return a year while keeping short-term liquidity as "dry powder" to scoop up other investments.

>1/3 in crypto. I try to stick to crypto's that have solid potential for market adoption based on proof of value and stay away from FOMO stuff (doge). My crypto portfolio is as follows:
BTC = x
LTC, ETH = 1/2x each
all other alt coins = 1/4x: EOS, DOT, UNI, USDT, ADA, LINK. EOS has been good to me so far. 45% gain in the last 3 days.

Right now I'm in 6 alt's on Kraken. There's more that I want to be in, but I work a 12 hour job and don't have the bandwidth to be on more than 1 exchange.

Price floors seem to be relatively easy to determine, so I find selling puts pretty straight forward/easy money. Determining stock direction seems to be near impossible, so when I buy options (VIAC calls, MVIS calls), I don't do too good in the short term. But I buy options at a minimum in 9 month longevity, so I still got lots of time to wait for the market to rotate back. I'm just sacrificing put sales premiums in the short term.

I work a ridiculous schedule in corporate finance, so I try to stay away from trend/swing trading, because I just don't have the time for analysis or to pay attention.

I use Webull for stock/options trading.
Waffle-brain alumni. Outdoor-, dog-, and gun-enthusiast. Citizens Assisting Citizens volunteer:
https://www.cacteam.com/
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

FEG token could be the next big one. Has a feature built-in to the code whereby for every single trade, 1% of the coins are "burnt" (destroyed) and another 1% are split among the remaining coin holders, thereby encouraging "diamond hands". It started with 100Q total, and is already burned down to 45Q at the time of this writing. Can be acquired through UNIswap, Pancake swap and several others thus far. It's in it's infancy, if it make sit to the big exchanges it will go to the moon. This is all just my opinion.

PM me if you need help getting through the buying/setup process, it's not hard once someone walks you through it.

*I AM NOT A FINANCIAL ADVISOR, THIS IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE.*
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Has anyone actually taken profits and what is/was your tax liability?
What will you do, sell or hold, when the CGT nearly doubles to 40%?
R/Griff
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

I haven’t taken any profits yet, but I’ve had an extra $400 a month withheld from my payroll for two months now to help soften the tax burden whenever I do take profits…in addition to the tremendous amount they already take from so much overtime. I plan withholding the extra $400 for the rest of the year.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Between the near-doubling of the capital gains taxes and the increased payroll taxes and state income tax (if applicable) and local taxes, Americans are left with less than half their earned income. Small businesses are even worse off, the tax burden on them leaves them the owners in name only, as the government’s claim is over half the business income. It’s ridiculous.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

MiamiOffshore wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:31 pm SHIB and PIG are making 1000% gains if you're on an exchange that trades them.

SHIB is coming to Binance(THE largest BY FAR Crypto exchange on Earth) It may be the next big one for those who missed out on Doge
I have 5m shib on bitmart lol. If that takes off i will be sitting pretty. I have etc that i use to sell high and buy low and then transfer it to cardano. I believe cardano is the way to go.