To sell or not to sell aug, norinco uzi prebans

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Post by tector »

If things go south, I am not sure current preban or postband distinctions will matter, since there will be "newban." The question now (to me at least) is whether to sell things that are likely to be prohibited "newban." Right now the Senate is so tight it is hard to know if there will be any ban at all; if there is a ban, will it grandfather in existing guns (i.e. create a set of "pre-newban" guns); make newban guns subject to the NFA tax and registration; or just ban them outright (maybe with a buyback). I really doubt the latter with this Senate, but I make no such assurances in 2 years. Without an outright ban, then I would not let the politics of the moment dictate a decision. The first two "newban" options will increase the value of your guns.

So if you were looking to liquidate some guns even if Trump won, I'd of course go ahead. But otherwise I am leaning towards hold and see.

And if you are going to sell, I might wait until just after the inevitable next "mass shooting" hosted by the new administration--panic pricing will be in vogue for sure.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I'd agree with the above, in particular the "wait and see." You'll get the best dollar, then, especially after some staged event. However, as a more general statement, you still might want to hold back one "useful" item in case things do go, I believe "sporty" is the contemporary term. You might need that for your own safety. That might not apply to the listed items, though, as some such as the AUG probably is near peak already because of long standing shortages and the flexibility. Something one would "like" to keep but there are alternatives.

For myself. I don't really care what "they" do. Any trading i do is because it's something I want for my own reasons.

Good luck. We'll all need it.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

I always say that i will sell off a bunch of stuff and make a killing. No way will i do that this now. I dont care if they ban everything! I am keeping my shit till I die even if it just sits there in the safe and never comes out again. I have a glimpse of hope that we will be able to keep out stuff.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:13 pm I am keeping my shit till I die even if it just sits there in the safe and never comes out again.
Although I tend to think it is time to use them before I would bury them, I have to admit that I looked into getting a 55 gallon drum of Cosmoline and some large PVC pipes that would be pretty water tight.

Eventually their Brown Shirt Mobs will be coming for us, and the new Prosecutor here in Mosquito County does not believe in self defense. Guess it is better to have them in a safe ready for use than buried, but either way we are doomed.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

You always need to bury one. A small cache, with some ammo. Never can tell what happens.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

Sweep wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:25 pm
MiamiOffshore wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:27 pm Is the Norinco a model A or B?

Its got the elevation and windage marks so B ? Is there a difference in desirability? A. Versus b ?
To my knowledge the true Model A's were open-bolt. Model B's definitely have better/upgrade sights. I'm not sure if Norinco was ever in the open-bolt game, but I know there were some out there made/imported in the early 80's before ATF said no mas. If yours is an open-bolt it would be worth a pretty penny...
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

rentprop1 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:49 pm if you're holding on to anything like the shockwave or anything with a pistol brace you be dumber than ...well nevermind :mrgreen:
Alternatively, owners of braced pistols should at the least also own a smooth pistol buffer tube and a couple crutch/chair tips.

And a rifle upper, and a carbine/rifle stock.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

MiamiOffshore wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:42 pm
Sweep wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:25 pm
MiamiOffshore wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:27 pm Is the Norinco a model A or B?

Its got the elevation and windage marks so B ? Is there a difference in desirability? A. Versus b ?
To my knowledge the true Model A's were open-bolt. Model B's definitely have better/upgrade sights. I'm not sure if Norinco was ever in the open-bolt game, but I know there were some out there made/imported in the early 80's before ATF said no mas. If yours is an open-bolt it would be worth a pretty penny...
There was never an open bolt semi Uzi imported......both A and B models were designed/imported from the start as closed bolt guns.
The only difference between A and B guns were the adjustable sites on the B, and a firing pin block on the B to prevent out of battery firing

All Norinco 320's (originally called the "Officers 9"....thats what was ground out of the star shaped logo on the back of the receiver) were postban guns based on the model B. All were imported with thumbhole stocks, a tack welded bbl. nut to prevent barrel removal, and (1) 32 rd mag blocked to 10 rounds. The Norincos have one more thing the IMI guns didn't.....a chrome lined barrel.....they are actually very accurate guns