FFL in PBC for transfer

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lsacpa

FFL in PBC for transfer

Post by lsacpa »

I am one of those folks with a place in PBC and another in the People's Republic of New Jersey. I have, in my opinion, legally acquired handguns in Florida from dealers at shows but am running into issues with local shops for accepting a purchase through Gunbroker.. Florida requires one to be a resident to acquire a handgun and I get that. For those of us with 2 "homes" and in my case, still with a NJ drivers license that I must maintain for other purposes, the ATF has ruled (ATF 2010-6) that with certain other documents such as a vehicle registration, satisfies the "resident identification" requirement for this purpose. Even the ATF Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide says on page 199, question B-11 "If a person maintains a home in 2 States and resides in both States for certain periods of the year, he or she may, during the period of time the person actually resides in a particular State, purchase a firearm in that State."

Yet I cannot find an FFL willing to do the transfer. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Why not get a FL ID card? When I first moved here from Commiefornia, I wanted to keep my CA D/L (cheaper insurance), but needed a FL D/L for bank accounts, equip. rentals, library, etc. I obtained a FL ID card and was able to keep my CA D/L.

Never tried to purchase a firearm with the FL ID, but it worked for everything else...
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Off To The Races

Post by Off To The Races »

Gun Runners Sales in Jupiter.

https://www.gunrunnersonline.com/

I've never used them, but have always heard positive things. I met the owner a few years back at the WPB Gun Show and he was very friendly. Hope this helps.
boomboom

Post by boomboom »

It is true that if you own a home, condo, etc, here in Florida, you can purchase a handgun IF you are currently staying in that property (the day of purchase) AND you provide a tax form, deed, or some proof of ownership. The downside is because you can do it, doesn't force any FFL to go along with it. If they choose not to do a sale or have firearms bought by you for transfer, they don't have to do it.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Yep, just get a Florida ID card.
Problem over.