Car Strangled Spanner

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
P5 Guy

Car Strangled Spanner

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/l ... d=msedgntp
PINELLAS COUNTY, FL — Get ready for one of the most ambitious — and one of the most expensive — road construction projects to hit Tampa Bay in years.
I've lived in St Pete for 31 years and remember well the bridge building. Gandy and Howard Franklin.
All this traffic would be alleviated if the folks who worked in Tampa and lived in St Pete would just trade houses with the folks who Worked in St Pete but live in Tampa.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

All I can say is here in Orlando, we have been suffering through the I4 Ultimate Expansion, AKA Death Race 2021, for the last half a dozen years or so and it will be going on for many more years. At the beginning of the construction, the would rearrange the traffic lanes every few weeks. After a short while, there were like 3 different sets of lane markers. If you did not know which were the correct lane markers, if you could see any lane markers at all, so you would end up crashing into someone in the other lane when the lanes shifted, or you would go head on into a concrete barrier that would just suddenly appear out of nowhere. One person a week seemed to die on that abomination. I knew one of them.

And the purpose? To put in Toll lanes for peek traffic. Will anyone use the toll lanes - No. People cannot afford another $10 or so a day in tolls. That is why the Orlando Expressway, aka the beltway goes unused. The most expensive toll roads in the country.

If the stupid politicians would have taken the tolls off the beltway, and completed the beltway through Wikiva, I4 congestion would be considerably relieved. But no, the local politicians need to reach with their hands into everyone pockets as deep as possible.

I remember when I first moved here to Mosquito County and they were first constructing the beltway, the politicians or their relatives or business partners would buy massive land tracts for next to nothing on the routes they knew were proposed for the beltway expansion and make a fortune. Not illegal!?!?!? WTF?
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Non-stop road construction. Non-stop whining for commuter rail.
Maybe Gates, Buffet and Bloomberg should pool their wealth and build roads and rails?