Wife now has COVID

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Rchrd.miranda

Post by Rchrd.miranda »

Get after the doctors NOW!!! Make them order regeneron (the stuff they gave the president). The drug is free. the feds are paying for it. It puts antibodies in the system immediately. It helps prevent all these strange complications and gets people on their feet almost immediately. Docs don't like it cuz they have to do it I.V. The catch is the sooner you start the better it works. Don't screw around. Get this going and especially do not take no for an answer.
joel

Post by joel »

This COVID stuff, I am guilty of not taking it as serious as others, especially those DIRECTLY impacted by it.

Years ago, I contracted H1N1 (swine flu) and had to be hospitalized for awhile. It almost knocked me on my rear end, and sent me home with a fistful of meds for a week or so. I recovered quickly because "back then" I was strong as a bull. But now, I'm 63 years old and feel the difference.
Last edited by joel on Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Orlando Paulitician

Post by Orlando Paulitician »

Outgunu wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:06 am Last week everyone in the house next door tested positive for COVID and I'm now starting to see them outside and feeling better. Christmas eve my wife started feeling bad with normal flu symptoms. She got tested on Christmas day and is positive. So far I don't have symptoms, so I don't feel that I should get tested. The doctors told her to rest etc. just like you do with normal flu. So far don't really see what the big deal is with it...
You could be asymptomatic. I would get tested in that scenario just to be sure I wasn't passing it on. But I also WFH and am able to isolate.
Waffle-brain alumni. Outdoor-, dog-, and gun-enthusiast. Citizens Assisting Citizens volunteer:
https://www.cacteam.com/
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

hotspur wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:15 pm
Legio wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:07 pm
hotspur wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:51 am As opposed to the Putin Puppet who’s been occupying the White House for the past four years?
Are you serious?
Never more so. This is just the tip of the iceberg:
MSM is no longer a valid source of truth. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid.
S&W collector

Post by S&W collector »

Legio wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:10 am
hotspur wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:15 pm
Legio wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:07 pm

Are you serious?
Never more so. This is just the tip of the iceberg:
MSM is no longer a valid source of truth. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid.
Couldn't have said it better myself. If you watch the news you think we're all going to die if we walk outside
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

Saying "99.5% survive so no big deal" means 1,650,000 dead Americans is not a big deal. I realize the vast balance of this number would be people with short life expectancies, but politically it is poor salesmanship. You wind up sounding like Scrooge talking about the surplus population.
I couldn't agree more.

As for the OP. We just had a similar situation. Florida DOH quarantined my son for 10 days from onset of symptoms. He was clear 12/16. The rest of us were quarantined 10 days after that- 7 days if we had a negative test on the 7th day.

My employer was the only one out of 6 in our household that followed that. Son's employer was trying to get him back 2 days early, still with symptoms. Wife worksd at a drug store, and they wanted her in to work as long as she didnt have symptoms. So she would have been asymptomatic and still spreading it.

There's no wonder this thing is spreading so fast.
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

Thanks for the well wishes! Wife is now pretty much back to normal with the exception of still feeling a little worn out. In her case - she feels like she had a normal case of the flu, but lingering lethargy. I have now been COVID tested and was NEGATIVE. Kind of hard to understand how I'm negative when we live in the same house and do the things that married couples do... They didn't do an antibody test on me though, so I don't know if I'm superman or not.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Are you telling us that you have sex with your wife? This is disgusting. :D

January 1, 2000 I come down with the flu. April 2000 I was still feeling the effects.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Glad your wife has recovered. I just read about a doctor in Miami who died, had some sort of rare blood disorder. The Covid vaccine works really well finding stuff like that, go figure.