A Message From Federal, CCI, Speer And Remington President Jason Vanderbrink On Ammo Demand

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

Awesome, TY for sharing.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I’m more interested in why the price has doubled. 223/556 which was $300 for 1K in March for US made ammo is now north of $750 for Russian ammo. For 4 years, prices were low, & people should have been stocking up. But they wait until a virus scare, & an election gone bad, & we now have stupid prices. GARY.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Hornady has a similar message:

tector

Post by tector »

N4KVE wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:06 pm I’m more interested in why the price has doubled.
The same reason as always--demand vastly outstripping supply. Most of us have been through several panics, and it is always the same.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Sad all the hate emails he gets.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Casual

Post by Casual »

Ive often wondered why not make the financial risk, and buy and build another factory... double and triple capacities. Whos telling them that would be bad investment??
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

Moreover, why not invest in a "wolf military"-esque competitor. A made in U.S.A. polymer coated steel case, "blasting grade" ammo? Surely many of us here remember the days when a 1,000rnd cases of Wolf fluctuated $65-80? Even at twice that price I'm sure we'd all do a lot more shooting!
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Keep in mind that raw components are a major issue too. Powder comes from overseas, brass is in short supply and lead can be as well. Then you have to get it transported from overseas where things are closed due to lockdowns and put it together in the US where factories may be running at half capacity.

Building new plants takes time and, historically at least, wouldn't pay off the investment after the crisis is over.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Casual

Post by Casual »

weaselfire wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:34 pm Keep in mind that raw components are a major issue too. Powder comes from overseas, brass is in short supply and lead can be as well. Then you have to get it transported from overseas where things are closed due to lockdowns and put it together in the US where factories may be running at half capacity.

Building new plants takes time and, historically at least, wouldn't pay off the investment after the crisis is over.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
The wake up call was 2012, coulda started building then....