The Fight For The Soul Of Seattle

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

The Fight For The Soul Of Seattle

Post by lakelandman »

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

You made your bed, you liberal Birkenstock-wearing tree-hugging mo-fo's, now sleep in it... :roll:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Need new words for a song here:
Living in a Liberal Paradise.
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

Worst piece of shit city I’ve visited after Portland, no wonder they’re so so close to each other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Around a year ago I was communicating with a fairly large engineering firm that has offices located up & down the west coast from California to Washington exploring the possibility of relocating to the Portland office so me and the wife could be closer to my son, who happened to move to Portland after graduating from UCF in Orlando. (my son is doing quite well out there financially, he met a great girl, bought a house and loves it out there).
After speaking on the phone for around an hour with the Plumbing department head, we came to the mutual agreement that the Seattle office would be a better fit for me.
I decided against relocating since it was around 4 to 5 hours plus drive time from where my son lives, which is a bit far and would negate the whole point of moving out west.
After watching the entire video posted by lakelandman, and then following up with some research about the multiple tent cities located there, I consider myself fortunate to have declined the job offer, I had no idea whatsoever how bad the homeless situation was out there.
When we visited Portland in 2017, downtown was chock full of homeless there as well.
Miami had a pretty bad homeless situation when we left there in 1991, I wonder how it's doing there?
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

Dad packed us up and moved us out of Everett in 91. The commiefornians were already swarming in and californicating the place, and Dad saw the writing on the wall. He had spent a few months in L.A. in the mid 80's on a job and knew what they were going to do to Seattle once there were enough of them. He still laughs about the Calitards that paid him 3x what he bought the house for in '88. Kinda sad that my childhood neighborhood looks like it should be in Paraguay now.

Fun fact: we were using californication/californicating as a slur in Seattle back in '89 to describe how they fuck everything they touch. 10 years before the Chili Peppers made that catchy song :lol:
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
redeagle

Post by redeagle »

A bit of an old thread now, but when I was living in Seattle in 93 there was a joke movement about building a wall at the Oregon border to keep the growing libtard California migration south of the state. Obviously the locals lost that battle. Then went to Colorado just to see it happening all again during the early 2000s. Now I hear Boise is getting an influx of Californians buying up the real estate in “nature’s paradise” because the Bay area is just too expensive. These days I feel like i’m in the movie invasion of the body snatchers. Slowly infiltrating and taking over our society.
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

I vaguely recall Seattle as a nice place to visit, back in 1980. I've never been tempted to move there, since I ride a motorcycle and it rains too much there. I've had to live in rain forests in other countries and I know better than to think it would make a nice place to live. I didn't watch the propaganda flick when it was posted here last year and I'm still not tempted to watch it.