ATF proposing pistol brace registration

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:11 pm
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:23 pm
And what would be registering as? AOW? SBR? I'll take a few free $200 stamps...
This is not what we should do. By doing this we just conform to their rules. One more reason why there will never be a civil war or anything close to if they inact the final gun control.
I was planning to SBR a few things anyway, but the $200 was a deal-breaker. If they waive the $200 (for an SBR), I'm in.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Flame Red wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:03 am The ATF did not get the memo evidently. Our new Komasar Illustrious Leader, Kommieala, will shortly be sending Beto O'Rourke's Brown Shirts to collect them all. All this talk is unnecessary!
If the Kommie Election Thieves were smart, they would indeed offer to waive the $200 for the stamp.

Most folks that have an AR Pistol probably have AR rifles, along with many other toys. So the Brown Shirts would know where to come knocking first :idea:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

On the list for the next raid MARE'S LEG, TAC14 and ... ???
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Flame Red wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:17 am

If the Kommie Election Thieves were smart, they would indeed offer to waive the $200 for the stamp.

Most folks that have an AR Pistol probably have AR rifles, along with many other toys. So the Brown Shirts would know where to come knocking first :idea:
They already have my name x5, sooo...
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Big bore lover

Post by Big bore lover »

tickticktick
Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.
Orlando Paulitician

Post by Orlando Paulitician »

Wulfmann wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:05 am Do they use 4473s to determine who has one/many?

Over the last 10 years I bought a few and eventually sold them. It does not seem reasonable for them to retroactively declare I must show who bought them but then where does reasonable fit in with infringing upon the second amendment anyway
Even if there were a record, I don't think the ATF would have the manpower to enforce it. There's hundreds of thousands of braces out in the market now, and only 1,700 sworn agents across the entire US.

for-profit Gun ranges will be the most effective part of any legal changes. They're the ones on the front lines, making sure the gun owners who visit are using their stuff legally (including not shouldering the brace, lmao).
Waffle-brain alumni. Outdoor-, dog-, and gun-enthusiast. Citizens Assisting Citizens volunteer:
https://www.cacteam.com/
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Orlando Paulitician wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:55 am
Even if there were a record, I don't think the ATF would have the manpower to enforce it. There's hundreds of thousands of braces out in the market now, and only 1,700 sworn agents across the entire US.

for-profit Gun ranges will be the most effective part of any legal changes. They're the ones on the front lines, making sure the gun owners who visit are using their stuff legally (including not shouldering the brace, lmao).
they are probably just gonna prohibit them like bump stocks, wait, watch and see

food for thought there are no barrels or stocks out there anywhere for purchase, if you wanted to make it a rifle, so they know you will be in possession of an un registered sbr
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Just had a chat at the WPB show with Ira, & Joanne. For those who don’t know, the ATF does NOT know what guns you purchased. You fill out the 4473, & it stays in the gun store forever. When the ATF comes by once a year for the inspection, they look at the 4473’s to make sure they were filled out correctly. They do NOT look, & record who bought what. Now if a Sig 365 was found at the scene of a crime, they will call Sig to ask who they sold the gun to. They will follow the trail until they find the retail purchaser. Or if the ATF is interested in a specific person, they can visit the LGS near where he lives to see if he’s made any purchases. Otherwise the ATF does not know what we bought. The only exception is if someone buys 2 handguns from the same FFL at the same time, the FFL must immediately notify the ATF giving the model, & serial numbers of both guns. I know some of you guys know this, but I’m sure there are many who don’t. GARY.
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

N4KVE wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:59 pm For those who don’t know, the ATF does NOT know what guns you purchased.
When an FFL goes out of business the entity must handover ALL completed 4473's to the ATF. They are then kept at the headquarters and in recent years the overflow has them resorting to storage containers as the office is full. Ostensibly this is the reason they have altered the 4473's recently so that all the pertinent information is on one side of the form and thus easier to be scanned into a searchable PDF format.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

MiamiOffshore wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:57 pm
N4KVE wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:59 pm For those who don’t know, the ATF does NOT know what guns you purchased.
When an FFL goes out of business the entity must handover ALL completed 4473's to the ATF. They are then kept at the headquarters and in recent years the overflow has them resorting to storage containers as the office is full. Ostensibly this is the reason they have altered the 4473's recently so that all the pertinent information is on one side of the form and thus easier to be scanned into a searchable PDF format.
Considering how long it takes the ATF to process a form 4, it would take years for them to scan all of Ira’s 4473’s. He is getting ready to retire in February. GARY