I Dont Understand Covid-19 "Reported Cases"

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

I Dont Understand Covid-19 "Reported Cases"

Post by TC6969 »

We're supposed to be dealing with over 1000 "Reported" cases per day according to the MSM.

I always thought that if I started feeling sick, I would simply go home and go to bed, but now it sounds like I have to report.

Report to who?
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

If MSM is the mainstream media... They invent their own "facts" to report and only they can tell you what they actually mean. Professional liars use their own definitions, so they can get more of your attention asking for explanations. That's called improving their ratings.

I haven't read anything that indicates the Governor has issued an order for all citizens to report all suspected infections. As far as I know, mild cases that don't require medical attention are still left to the individual to self-quarantine until recovered.
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Reported cases are positive Covid tests. The processing centers are required to report daily to the health department. Positivity rate is the percentage of tests that are done which are positive, also required to be reported.

But there's no correlation of test results to actual illness. You can test positive with no symptoms and are still part of the reported cases. Likewise, if only sick people get tested, the positivity rate is naturally higher than if you randomly tested 500 people on the street.

It's all a mathematical model for the health people to analyze and, as is normal, people in the press don't understand math so everything sounds horrible. If the nightly news started off with:

"In breaking news, nothing is wrong in the world and we'll all be fine tomorrow!"

Nobody would watch long enough to reach the first commercial.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

OKIE

Post by OKIE »

They twist the numbers to suit them and their cause. Who gives a shit?
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

And those positive tests are all positive test. We had 1 guy at my plant that came down with the sweet an sour sniffles. He was a poster child for the dirt nap. 175 pounds over weight, diabetes and high blood pressure, the trifecta. Since he was sick they decided to test all of us. 3 positives and weren't letting anyone come back till they tested negative. Between the 4 of them they were tested 16 times with positive tests. Every one was added to the totals.
Oh and of the 3 other positive tests, 2 never got so much as a sniffle. One had what he says was a cold for 2 days. And fluffy came back a easy 25 pounds heavier from his bought.
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

Taco

Post by Taco »

lilwoody wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:47 am Between the 4 of them they were tested 16 times with positive tests. Every one was added to the totals.
It depends on which numbers you are using. There is a whole spreadsheet full of data daily with the total test count, total positive count, and the new infections count that controls for repetitive testing of a positive individual. Not sure what is being used in the headlines, but 'double counting' is accounted for in the numbers from FL.
Chris6424

Post by Chris6424 »

What's important is the hospitalization usage. The tests are highly inaccurate.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

MSM needs to keep the panic level at maximum until Kommieala knocks off Crooked Joe. Then all of a sudden the panic will disappear and MSM will report all is well.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
photohause

Post by photohause »

Only report yourself if you have died of COVID..............
“You didn’t finish school, did you?