Electric Motorcycle for my 12yo Son

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
armedpolak

Electric Motorcycle for my 12yo Son

Post by armedpolak »

I'm in Coral Springs and am looking for an electric bike for my 12yo son. can you recommend a place where I could get one for $1,000 or less? new or used is fine as long as the condition is good.

AP
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

motorcycle or bicycle ?
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

motorcycle, just an electric one
ulyrider

Post by ulyrider »

New rider? Experienced rider?

New rider, check out your local Indian dealer: https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/ ... s/eftr-jr/

Experienced rider, you are going to need to find a used electric motorcycle. A bike with any kind of performance may not be do-able with that $1000 qualifier.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

ulyrider wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:23 pm New rider? Experienced rider?

New rider, check out your local Indian dealer: https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/ ... s/eftr-jr/

Experienced rider, you are going to need to find a used electric motorcycle. A bike with any kind of performance may not be do-able with that $1000 qualifier.
new rider, he doesn't need anything fancy, just be the right size for him...
photohause

Post by photohause »

AP...you have too much money...can you adopt me, please?
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

photohause wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:03 pm AP...you have too much money...can you adopt me, please?
LOL, I do alright ;) no can do :P I already have 2 kids, a dog, and recently we got a teacup Persian kitten HAHAHAHAHA
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

You have to ask some other 12 year old kids. They know more about these things than us.
BIG JOE
Hippie

Post by Hippie »

I don’t think what you’re looking for exists in that price range. A kids electric bike in that price is going to be like a power wheels type thing for little kids.

I’ve ridden the Kuberg and it is cool. It would be sized right for a 12 yo but is gonna be $3-5k.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Ended up getting my son Tao DB14, 70cc pit bike. perfect size, power, speed, and ease of controls for a new rider :)

https://taomotor.com/products/dirt-bikes/db14/