Putting a "normal" silencer on HK USP 45 Tactical

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
armedpolak

Putting a "normal" silencer on HK USP 45 Tactical

Post by armedpolak »

thinking about getting another can in 45acp. and I also love HK pistols, though I dont currently have one (had a few in the past). I just learned that HK, because we all suck, and they hate us, decided to put some ass backwards thread on that pistol. the way I see it I have 3 options:

1) get an external adapter... ghay!
2) get an internal adapter for the silencer... less ghay but still pretty metrosexual...
3) get a replacement barrel... also kinna ghay cuz I rather stick with the all original parts...

so now what? and please dont say "get a Glock" LOL

AP

P.S. I picked up my integrally suppressed upper for AR in 300AAC about 3 weeks ago. from purchase to pickup about 6 1/2 months. fucking feds. still waiting on the integrally suppressed upper for ruger mark 4 pistol... strange cuz I purchased it first but apparently the ATF works in mysterious ways...
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

Can’t you just get a piston with the HK threads?
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

better2have&notneed wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:23 pm Can’t you just get a piston with the HK threads?
Im guessin he doesn't have a threaded barrel = ghey :mrgreen:
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

rentprop1 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:22 pm
better2have&notneed wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:23 pm Can’t you just get a piston with the HK threads?
Im guessin he doesn't have a threaded barrel = ghey :mrgreen:
HK USP 45 Tactical has a threaded barrel, but it's 16 something L, meaning left handed thread, so the can screws on in the opposite direction...
Casual

Post by Casual »

3 lug adapter on a pistol?? Why not?
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

https://www.budsgunshop.com/mobile/prod ... 3/redirect
$53 for a TiRant 45 for example...screw it on tight, left or right doesn’t matter. Put an O-ring on there if it makes you feel better.