Florida's DeSantis moves to allow citizens to shoot looters

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Lastrites

Florida's DeSantis moves to allow citizens to shoot looters

Post by Lastrites »

Something I could get behind.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florid ... businesses

P5 Guy beat me to posting this in the political sub forum.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Absolutely support DeSantis here. Thieving, looting bastards better have their affairs in order before committing crime in Florida.
Re-elect this man for governor.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

dammitgriff wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:46 am Absolutely support DeSantis here. Thieving, looting bastards better have their affairs in order before committing crime in Florida.
He needs to be our next Prez - but the Demorats will cheat and we will never see a non-Demorat in our life time.

But I think sadly that the Soros elected prosecutors will prosecute anyone that practices self defense, while the MOB will run free. And when Kommieala comes for your guns, they will give them to the MOB.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

dammitgriff wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:46 am Absolutely support DeSantis here. Thieving, looting bastards better have their affairs in order before committing crime in Florida.
I truly applaud his effort. But I'd like to see him go a little further. Have him extend those protections to personal property at one's home.

That, and "constitutional carry" would work wonders.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Works for me.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

I'd support it, but seeing all the new gun-owning r-tards out there who are completely ignorant of current laws (or safe gun handling), I'd be concerned about getting shot cleaning up my OWN property after a hurricane.

Could easily turn into a vigilante 💩 show... (See: Florida Man)

(e.g. Had a moe-ron argue with me yesterday that the Castle Doctrine does not apply or protect you if you left the doors/windows in your home unlocked prior to a burglary or home invasion. The individual would have to use "force" upon entry...). 🙄🙄🙄
Last edited by Tenzing_Norgay on Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Last I heard/understand it, Castle Doctrine begins and ends at your property line...?
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

dammitgriff wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:35 am Last I heard/understand it, Castle Doctrine begins and ends at your property line...?
Yes, but no provision for protection of property. My understanding is this new law allows deadly force in defense of (business) property.

Edit: I guess you're referring to my comment. I'm just repeating what the Choade who was arguing said.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Stand Your Ground Amendments
776.08 Forcible felony.
. . . device or bomb; looting; criminal mischief that results in the interruption or impairment
of a business operation; arson that results in the interruption or impairment of a business
operation; and any other felony . . . .

https://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news ... ore_inline

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/upload ... on-Act.pdf
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Isn't arson on a private dwelling a felony? How about shooting into an occupied dwelling?

Oh, by the way, is suckstartaHarley actually coming to my house? :lol:
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.