New 4473.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:19 pm Do FFLs have to utilize the new 4473 immediately (i.e. after 11/1), or can they exhaust their existing supply first?
Apparently it was Nov 1. 2 weeks ago, we were using the old forms. Yesterday Joanne took all the old forms, ripped them up, & threw them in the trash. 2-3 hours today to do background checks. Their site was down yesterday. GARY.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Molivo wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:36 pm
BIG JOE wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:34 pm So does the 4473 still stay at the FFL pace of business? What responsibility does the the FFL holder have in determining if the the buyer is " non binary " if that box is checked.
Yes and we don't care what they check there.
at some point we question their mental competency to own a firearm :mrgreen:

you check non binary in my shop you're probably not leaving with the gun :roll:
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

rentprop1 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:28 pm
BIG JOE wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:34 pm So does the 4473 still stay at the FFL pace of business? What responsibility does the the FFL holder have in determining if the the buyer is " non binary " if that box is checked.

I’m so checking non binary when my mg42 gets transferred to you 8-)
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Although the progressives claim there are many genders, there are only two sexes ("follow the science," they say).

I thought it was a felony to give false information to obtain a firearm - maybe this is a clever trap to catch "prohibited persons."
Orlando Paulitician

Post by Orlando Paulitician »

It would be funny though. And imagine the arguments you could make with leftists:

"By outlawing guns, you're stripping all of these LGBTQ+ non-binary's of their right to defend themselves. Don't believe us? Just look at these government form 4473 stats! The gun community is X% Non-binary's!"
Waffle-brain alumni. Outdoor-, dog-, and gun-enthusiast. Citizens Assisting Citizens volunteer:
https://www.cacteam.com/
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

better2have&notneed wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:58 pm

I’m so checking non binary when my mg42 gets transferred to you 8-)
I will enjoy shooting it while your background check stays in in Pending status for 30-45 days :mrgreen:
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Non binary was added because the name, address and sex have to match the ID presented. Since some states have a non binary options on IDs, it has to be on the form.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

tector

Post by tector »

weaselfire wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:20 pm Non binary was added because the name, address and sex have to match the ID presented. Since some states have a non binary options on IDs, it has to be on the form.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
That's what I read also. The states are driving the bus which, to be fair, is probably the way it should be under our system. However the same principle should be applied to marijuana. It is insane to disqualify millions of people in dozens of states from buying a gun. But liberals like to diminish gun ownership so many of them them are not eager to rectify this hypocrisy. And of course we still have mouth-breathing conservatives who still equate weed with "goddamned hippies" or whatever stupid shit they grew up believing.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Non-binary should strictly refer to triggers.
Whatever. Can we just ignore these clearly mental millidiots?