House insurance

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

I agree to the sentiments expressed against insurance companies and their efforts to oversell and underpay customers. We—my family—have been a victim of this.
First priority should be to get the government—with the exception of the courts—the hell out of the insurance business. I am not seeing anything in the Constitution relating to the creation and regulation of insurance companies. The insurance racket is what it is due to the protections afforded them via government policies.
That being said, insurance and the companies that provide it will remain a necessity for as long as people remain unable to self-insure their personal property. Insurance companies are a product of our debt-based consumerist society in the United States. The only way to avoid insurance companies is to save for the replacement cost of your home, your car and your life. That isn’t happening in any country with a per-capita household debt level as high as ours.
R/Griff
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

And, as sue happy.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

We just had a flood here this past storm. The homes across the street flooded. My neighbor said as usual the adjuster estimated cost of repairs at about half of actual cost. Off to attorney or he did mention a private adjuster maybe. To first negotiate with insurance company.

Adjusters suck a big one.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS